Fortsätt till huvudinnehåll

Happy Easter


On Good Friday our boys J and E came for dinner. We had really planned to have it on Saturday but since J and H.E.A.T had a gig in Eskilstuna yesterday night we had to have it earlier. We had a very nice time with good food, drink and chat.
So H and I was expecting to sit all alone on Easter evening but then S called and said our grandson Hk was to play icehockey in the Globe (he's very good and has been in the Swedish junior crownteam). So he and O (our other grandson) came and H went with them. Meanwhile I made a Easter buffet with lots of different dishes.
Egg being the most important :-).
Suddenly when I was at it there was a ring on the door and IP with our two "grandchildren" To and Ta came for a visit. IP brought some wonderful roses and daffodils and To had made with his own hands for me a house and for H a footrest. They are so adorable.
Hk team won and have played a match today too so S and O decided to stay overnight with us. Very nice, we are so glad to have them. I mean now when J and E has moved out we do have the space.
I went early to visit Mom and O at the shorttime home but before that I went by their house to check on things and to collect some clothes for O. I didn't find any so I stopped by the store and bought him a lot of things. While there I called D to ask if he wanted to go with me to see Grandma and Grandpa and he did.
So we went down there fully loaded with clothes both for Mom and O, magazines, candy and chocolate and a pie for them to feast on with their coffee.
I feel awful seeing them. Mom doesn't make much sense and she's constantly nagging about wanting her home key which I have. She hasn't any need for them when she's at the home but neither me nor my sis H has any so for us to be able to go in and check the house we need at least one. O has gained some weight which is good. He doesn't look like dying now but his foot! The gangrane has gone a bit up the leg now and the smell is just awful. I had to open the window because of the smell. My sis H yesterday brought a video from when we were small. Mom used to take these 8 mm film of us all and we have transferred them to a VHS-tape. Me, O, Mom and D watched that this afternoon and it was so funny and a lots of, Do you remember, Where is that? Is that me? How old were you there? flow over the room. D especially seemed to enjoy watching himself as a toddler. So all in all a lovely afternoon.
When I returned home E was at home wondering where everyone was. So we sat down and had a good talk before the others returned from the Globe. Today they lost the match.
S and O returns home to pack and on Tuesday they're off to Florida to see a hockey match with a Swedish player from Gavle and also visit one of S's old friends.
Tomorrow I hope we will have a nice relaxed day before work on Tuesday.
The gig in Eskilstuna with H.E.A.T went well of course and this coming week their record will be pressed. Can't wait.... but I don't know relase date yet.

Happy moment of today was to watch those old movies from when we were young and had no troubles at all. Those were the days.

Kommentarer

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Anyone??

I wonder if anyone can see and read my blogg? I haven't had any comments in so long that's why I ask. Erik didn't win a Grammy last night but he had a blast and he and his fiancé looked just great! Another Swede, Ludwig Göransson, won 3 prices though. Congrats to him.

Sad day

Tonight Olle, my adoptive father that has been like my father almost all my life, died just before 9PM. It was very quick. I talked to the nurse at 6PM and everything was calm then. Just a bit over 2 hours later she called and said he's gotten worse. I asked how and she said his skin changed colour and that he could have 10 minutes or 10 hours left. I was just trying to get to my sister on the phone and ask her if we should go down when the phone rang again just 15 minutes afterwards and it was the nurse telling me that it was over. He went very peacefully and in his sleep. At the end he was given a lot of morphine so he wouldn't be in pain, which he wasn't. I called my sister but we both felt that we already had said our goodbyes and therefore didn't go down to say a last goodbye. He is probably up there somewhere looking down and sensing our feelings. We haven't been able to reach our mother yet and we probably won't tonight so I will tell her when I go there ...

On popular demand

I have on popular demand decided to start writing again. I haven't had time to do this blog for a lot of reasons mostly lack of time. There is so much to do and so little time. Since I last wrote there have been a big change and it's my grandson. Yes, I'm a granny now to the most adorable boy, Eddie. He's now 19 months old and I love him to the moon and back. He's my joy and I'm so happy I can see him grow. I have really been there from the moment he was born (almost).  Always on the piano the first thing he do. His parents called me the morning of April 23 last year at 0415AM and said it was time. So I just rushed out of bed, drove to them and then drove them to the hospital. It was a long day before we they called and told us that Eddie was born in the evening. Only 1 1/2 day later I fetched them and drove the new little family home. Since they don't have a car I have driven them where they want to go. The first 6 months were quite difficult wi...