Fortsätt till huvudinnehåll

Lazy Sunday?

It has been a while since I wrote but so many things happens and my time is rather limited for blogging. Let's see - this week J went to Los Angeles and from the sound of it he has had a marvellous time over there. The mixing of the album has been according to schedule. I have been "talking" to him via MSN and it's very comforting for a mother's heart to know your son is doing well. Last night they had been to the Viper room and he said it was soft.
H and me are going to Arlanda to meet him soon. I look forward to hearing more about his trip.

Mom and O has both returned from hospital and shortime home. They did so Friday and H and I went there to welcome them. We did some shopping so they would have something to eat and drink when they returned. O came first and he's not well. He had lost several kilos from an already thin body. He sat down in his chair but just after an hour he had to lie down on the sofa and there he fell asleep for a couple of hours. Meanwhile H and I tried to clean up and we took a lot of things from a room downstairs and carried it one floor up to an empty room. Then we went and bought a bed for O. The reasong being he can't go upstairs anymore so he has to sleep downstairs. We bought a very nice bed and when we returned I made it up with clean sheets. I also tidied the kitchen, the livingroom and their kitchen table. All that the community service really should do, but don't. Finally I made them some sandwiches for them to have at night since their food delivery didn't start until Saturday.

At work nothing much is happening. Everyone is waiting for March 18 when we will have our verdict - remain as a school or close down. The proposition was that our school - Rosersberg college - should close down with immediate effect. This was May last year. Meanwhile the proposition was being referred for consideration. The consequence was that the majority answered that the education must be looked over again. Some of us hope that the Goverment will use common sense and see the idioty of closing down the biggest college with the most applicants in the most populated area of Sweden. But knowing politicians they don't see to the best effect but only how can they achieve more for themselves. I know I sound bitter but I have been through this before and I suppose it's like other times. It has already been settled through agreements behind closed doors. So when it comes to voting everything is already decided. They say they will save money - I say HAHA. That is so not true. Just look at the Defence Ministary. They have decided to close down almost all our defence (which is if you ask me, completely idiotic) and now they suddenly realize how much that will cost. It will cost much much more than to keep it. Why do they do these things without thinking it through properly?

My happy moment yesterday was to watch the "Melodifestivalen" ESC Sweden which I love and have been watching as long as I can remember. Last night it was the song I love Europe and Thank you that went directly to the final. I said to H - I think I love Europe will go to the final but it could as easily have been the lead song for the October festival :-). I did not, however, liked the interval with ballet. Melodifestivalen should be a happy occasion with lots of fun and laughter. Last year's saga was outstanding! Back to basic please.
My happy moment today I think will be to great J at Arlanda.
Words of wisdom: You can give without loving, but you can't love without giving.

Kommentarer

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Anyone??

I wonder if anyone can see and read my blogg? I haven't had any comments in so long that's why I ask. Erik didn't win a Grammy last night but he had a blast and he and his fiancé looked just great! Another Swede, Ludwig Göransson, won 3 prices though. Congrats to him.

Sad day

Tonight Olle, my adoptive father that has been like my father almost all my life, died just before 9PM. It was very quick. I talked to the nurse at 6PM and everything was calm then. Just a bit over 2 hours later she called and said he's gotten worse. I asked how and she said his skin changed colour and that he could have 10 minutes or 10 hours left. I was just trying to get to my sister on the phone and ask her if we should go down when the phone rang again just 15 minutes afterwards and it was the nurse telling me that it was over. He went very peacefully and in his sleep. At the end he was given a lot of morphine so he wouldn't be in pain, which he wasn't. I called my sister but we both felt that we already had said our goodbyes and therefore didn't go down to say a last goodbye. He is probably up there somewhere looking down and sensing our feelings. We haven't been able to reach our mother yet and we probably won't tonight so I will tell her when I go there ...

On popular demand

I have on popular demand decided to start writing again. I haven't had time to do this blog for a lot of reasons mostly lack of time. There is so much to do and so little time. Since I last wrote there have been a big change and it's my grandson. Yes, I'm a granny now to the most adorable boy, Eddie. He's now 19 months old and I love him to the moon and back. He's my joy and I'm so happy I can see him grow. I have really been there from the moment he was born (almost).  Always on the piano the first thing he do. His parents called me the morning of April 23 last year at 0415AM and said it was time. So I just rushed out of bed, drove to them and then drove them to the hospital. It was a long day before we they called and told us that Eddie was born in the evening. Only 1 1/2 day later I fetched them and drove the new little family home. Since they don't have a car I have driven them where they want to go. The first 6 months were quite difficult wi...