Fortsätt till huvudinnehåll

10-year jubilee done!

 
Here you see how sunny it was

The first of the events in May is done. It was my works 10-year jubilee which we celebrated yesterday.
It was the first real warm day of the year and one where we actually could sit outside in the evening without freezing. One is very greatful for those few precious days here :-)
The cake
There had been a lot of preparations, of course, before the festivities. I have worked with this for quite some time now. On Monday we got the news that the catering firm didn't have any table decorations in our company color which is orange.
I came up with the idea of having orange gerberas in glassbowls on the tables and so we did. I went to the flowershop and ordered 30 of them which I then fetched yesterday morning. So fresh! I cut them and put them in the bowls and it was really nice.
Look closely and you can see the flowers in the bowls
But everything went smothly. The tent went up, the band came and rigged everything and did soundcheck. The band is Vinylbandet and they play 60-80th covers. The drummer is father to the drummer in H.E.A.T so of course it was my doing we hired them :-) They were so great and there were spontaneous dance. I for one was one of them ;-) Which I might add I have to suffer for today when my back is killing me or rather my pelvis where I have inflammation. But when it's good music I can't sit still and I have to move with it. Here's some photos from yesterday:
Outside my work

Co-workers

Some more co-workers

Our owners welcomes our guests to the celebrations

The food!

Vinylbandet in action

Isn't this wonderful. What an enviroment we have
Did you hear about the earthquake in Nepal 2 weeks ago? One of my co-workers is from Katmandu, Nepal and her family suffered bad. Her immediate family is safe but have nowhere to live. Their house is destroyed so they live in a tent on a field. There are still aftershocks. Her cousin died and because of that she had to eat vegetarian food for 13 days. That is how they do it.
I have given money to her and also my friends and my sis Helen. We know that it will come directly to those in need.

Tomorrow it's Emil's birthday, my youngest, and we will celebrate him on Sunday. That is because Jonas is in Mallorca writing songs with Erik Grönwall and they won't be home until late tomorrow so that's why we postponed it until Sunday.

Take care and have a great weekend!

 

Kommentarer

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Anyone??

I wonder if anyone can see and read my blogg? I haven't had any comments in so long that's why I ask. Erik didn't win a Grammy last night but he had a blast and he and his fiancé looked just great! Another Swede, Ludwig Göransson, won 3 prices though. Congrats to him.

Sad day

Tonight Olle, my adoptive father that has been like my father almost all my life, died just before 9PM. It was very quick. I talked to the nurse at 6PM and everything was calm then. Just a bit over 2 hours later she called and said he's gotten worse. I asked how and she said his skin changed colour and that he could have 10 minutes or 10 hours left. I was just trying to get to my sister on the phone and ask her if we should go down when the phone rang again just 15 minutes afterwards and it was the nurse telling me that it was over. He went very peacefully and in his sleep. At the end he was given a lot of morphine so he wouldn't be in pain, which he wasn't. I called my sister but we both felt that we already had said our goodbyes and therefore didn't go down to say a last goodbye. He is probably up there somewhere looking down and sensing our feelings. We haven't been able to reach our mother yet and we probably won't tonight so I will tell her when I go there ...

On popular demand

I have on popular demand decided to start writing again. I haven't had time to do this blog for a lot of reasons mostly lack of time. There is so much to do and so little time. Since I last wrote there have been a big change and it's my grandson. Yes, I'm a granny now to the most adorable boy, Eddie. He's now 19 months old and I love him to the moon and back. He's my joy and I'm so happy I can see him grow. I have really been there from the moment he was born (almost).  Always on the piano the first thing he do. His parents called me the morning of April 23 last year at 0415AM and said it was time. So I just rushed out of bed, drove to them and then drove them to the hospital. It was a long day before we they called and told us that Eddie was born in the evening. Only 1 1/2 day later I fetched them and drove the new little family home. Since they don't have a car I have driven them where they want to go. The first 6 months were quite difficult wi...