Fortsätt till huvudinnehåll

Pep talk and meeting



Another week is almost over and this is the weather we currently have. It snowed for almost 24 hours and now the temperature is dropping, just now -7C. So it's very fresh and cold ;-)

I had been invited to a meeting, with the leaders of the Stockholm association, and yesterday it was time. They wanted me to have a "pep talk". That was just to inspire them for future tasks.


I am the one standing up laughing away :-) The room was actually full and it was very inspiring talking to them. I'm not that fond of speaking in front of lot of people, who are? But I do it and it gets easier the older I get. Anyway I started by telling them about the Postcode lottery, how I won, what I won, how I ended up in TV and in our magazine. That was actually something they had asked me to talk about. They were really interested, they laughed and they did have a lot of questions.

Then I talked about the event we are having May 23 in Haga park in celebration of the National Rheumatic association 70th birthday.
They were very interested and came with good points and ideas which I wrote down and will take to the next meeting in the planning committé.
We have had, which I made, an ad in our local magazine as well as me writing a couple of articles about the artists that will be performing. I send you a link to our homepage where you can read the magazine online. It's in Swedish I know but maybe google translate can help :-)

KONTAKTEN

Today they had put the following on Facebook: 

"Mia Thegel from the District Board visited us at our leadership meeting in rheumatism association and was so fun and cunning as a stand up comedian."

That was really a good review I think.

After that I had a couple of hours before we had our district board meeting which ended around 7PM.  It was a good and productive day although I was completely fatigue when I came home.

Jonas and Mandy came home from Thailand yesterday and next week H.E.A.T are already going on tour. This time in Sweden and Finland. I might be able to go on Febrauary 5 when they will play in Stockholm.

If you are here then, take a chance and go and see them. Gota kallare at Medborgarplatsen is the place to be.
  
Oh yes I finished the closing of the books at my work this week so on Monday already we have the yearly audit when our auditor comes. 

 

Kommentarer

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Anyone??

I wonder if anyone can see and read my blogg? I haven't had any comments in so long that's why I ask. Erik didn't win a Grammy last night but he had a blast and he and his fiancé looked just great! Another Swede, Ludwig Göransson, won 3 prices though. Congrats to him.

Sad day

Tonight Olle, my adoptive father that has been like my father almost all my life, died just before 9PM. It was very quick. I talked to the nurse at 6PM and everything was calm then. Just a bit over 2 hours later she called and said he's gotten worse. I asked how and she said his skin changed colour and that he could have 10 minutes or 10 hours left. I was just trying to get to my sister on the phone and ask her if we should go down when the phone rang again just 15 minutes afterwards and it was the nurse telling me that it was over. He went very peacefully and in his sleep. At the end he was given a lot of morphine so he wouldn't be in pain, which he wasn't. I called my sister but we both felt that we already had said our goodbyes and therefore didn't go down to say a last goodbye. He is probably up there somewhere looking down and sensing our feelings. We haven't been able to reach our mother yet and we probably won't tonight so I will tell her when I go there ...

On popular demand

I have on popular demand decided to start writing again. I haven't had time to do this blog for a lot of reasons mostly lack of time. There is so much to do and so little time. Since I last wrote there have been a big change and it's my grandson. Yes, I'm a granny now to the most adorable boy, Eddie. He's now 19 months old and I love him to the moon and back. He's my joy and I'm so happy I can see him grow. I have really been there from the moment he was born (almost).  Always on the piano the first thing he do. His parents called me the morning of April 23 last year at 0415AM and said it was time. So I just rushed out of bed, drove to them and then drove them to the hospital. It was a long day before we they called and told us that Eddie was born in the evening. Only 1 1/2 day later I fetched them and drove the new little family home. Since they don't have a car I have driven them where they want to go. The first 6 months were quite difficult wi...