Fortsätt till huvudinnehåll

Cruise to Åbo (Turku) with the boys

 
View from our suite. Gorgeous!

Last weekend I didn't do much. No exciting outings or anything, just hanging around the house.

On Tuesday I went to a friend for dinner. She has her birthday on Sunday so me and our other friend met up at her house to celebrate her. Very nice and a very good dinner.
Father and son

Mother and son
Then on Thursday I first went to Norrtalje for some treatment, chat and lunch with my very good friend Anne. She is so good in reflexology and that helps me a lot. We had a wonderful lunch at the Åtellet in Norrtälje before I headed back home.

At home the boys, Danniel, Emil and Hasse waited for me because we were going on a cruise to Åbo in Finland which we treated Danniel and Emil to. Hasse and me had one of those luxurious suites with big balcony and the boys had a A cabin with window very close to our suite. Why wasn't Jonas with us you may ask? Well, he was in Gothenburg with H.E.A.T playing at the Gothenburg culture festival.
H.E.A.T and crowd at Gothenburg culture festival
We had an excellent dinner before heading down to taxfree shopping and some gambling on the machines :-) Listened to some music but not much action on board since it was a Thursday. But we had a good time before going to bed.
Enjoying the sunshine on our balcony

We also like it
The next morning when in Turku (the ship is just there for 1 1/2 hour so no time to go ashore) we had breakfast before going to our suite and the balcony where we sat in the beautiful weather just enjoying the sun and the sea. Danniel and Emil went down to gamble and to shop some more. Me too and suddenly it was time for lunch which we had at Bistro Alex. 
We had so nice waitresses both in the evening but also to lunch. She talked a lot to us and told us about her being on big cruise ships around the world. Very interesting and very nice.
 
Furusund Inn on the way in to Stockholm


Do you see the rainbow going down in the water?

Today I have been, together with Ingvor, looking for smart 4K TV sets for the Rheumatic district. We want to have two of them to be able to have lectures and education in an easy tecnical way.
Next week we are presenting this to the working committee.

And tomorrow it's time for me to cook for my work. I have figured out what to do but I won't tell you until afterwards. You never know if someone is reading this ;-)

So have a good weekend and week everyone and take care!
Carpe diem! 

Kommentarer

Skicka en kommentar

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Anyone??

I wonder if anyone can see and read my blogg? I haven't had any comments in so long that's why I ask. Erik didn't win a Grammy last night but he had a blast and he and his fiancé looked just great! Another Swede, Ludwig Göransson, won 3 prices though. Congrats to him.

Sad day

Tonight Olle, my adoptive father that has been like my father almost all my life, died just before 9PM. It was very quick. I talked to the nurse at 6PM and everything was calm then. Just a bit over 2 hours later she called and said he's gotten worse. I asked how and she said his skin changed colour and that he could have 10 minutes or 10 hours left. I was just trying to get to my sister on the phone and ask her if we should go down when the phone rang again just 15 minutes afterwards and it was the nurse telling me that it was over. He went very peacefully and in his sleep. At the end he was given a lot of morphine so he wouldn't be in pain, which he wasn't. I called my sister but we both felt that we already had said our goodbyes and therefore didn't go down to say a last goodbye. He is probably up there somewhere looking down and sensing our feelings. We haven't been able to reach our mother yet and we probably won't tonight so I will tell her when I go there ...

On popular demand

I have on popular demand decided to start writing again. I haven't had time to do this blog for a lot of reasons mostly lack of time. There is so much to do and so little time. Since I last wrote there have been a big change and it's my grandson. Yes, I'm a granny now to the most adorable boy, Eddie. He's now 19 months old and I love him to the moon and back. He's my joy and I'm so happy I can see him grow. I have really been there from the moment he was born (almost).  Always on the piano the first thing he do. His parents called me the morning of April 23 last year at 0415AM and said it was time. So I just rushed out of bed, drove to them and then drove them to the hospital. It was a long day before we they called and told us that Eddie was born in the evening. Only 1 1/2 day later I fetched them and drove the new little family home. Since they don't have a car I have driven them where they want to go. The first 6 months were quite difficult wi...