Fortsätt till huvudinnehåll

Ouch!!

OK, the weekend started out very well. We came home from Helsinki on Saturday and had a great night home in peace and quiet.

Sunday I started cooking rather early in the morning. I treated my co-workers to a warm sandwichcake which I invented there and then.
Lunch
I took sandwiches which I cut the edges off. Then placed 15 of them on a baking paper on a oven plate. On the first layer I made a filling out of chantarelle cheese (soft), creme fraiche and creme fraiche with mushroms.
The second filling was: 1 kg of ground beef, 2-3 onions, 3-4 mushroms. I fried these together until it was soft and done ;-) Then I sprinkled 2 tablespoons of flour, 2 tablespoons of Chinese soy sauce (not the Japanese ones, it's too thin),
2-3 dl of whipped cream and then water and spices. I used salt, white peppar, black peppar, chiliflakes (not too much) but you can take what you like. 
The texture should be firm but spreadable.
So I place 15 bread over the first layer and spread the second filling. Then one more layer of bread. On top of the last layer I spread butter (easier if you warm it a bit) Then fairly drained pineapplecrush, on top of that thin slices of tomatoes and then top it all with lots of Vasterbotten cheese :-) In the oven for around 30-35 minutes in 200 C oven.

I served it with a lovely sallad. They all liked it but as usual I made way too much food. This recipe is, I would think, for at least 15 people maybe more.

 For dessert I had made Pecanpie with whipped cream which also was very well received :-)

Anyway, what I wanted to tell you and that is the ouch thing is when I was carrying all the food into the fridge, I bumped into the sofa leg thus making my toe nail crack into two pieces :-( That hurt I can tell you and it also bleed a lot.
I haven't done anything but tried to tape it together. I'm going to the doctor on Wednesday to have my stiches removed so I will ask then if I need to do something. It's so painful when I walk, really ouch!!

And today it has been so humid, like thunder weather, and it has rained a lot!!  I don't like this weather at all! Hopefully it will be better towards the weekend.

Now I will stop moaning and wish you all a good day or good night depending on where you are!

Kommentarer

  1. If I make a comment in FB it doesn't show in your blog! Anyway I enjoyed reading about your sandwich, I like all the ingredients and I'm sure it was yummy :)
    I hope you feel better of your surgery.

    SvaraRadera

Skicka en kommentar

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Anyone??

I wonder if anyone can see and read my blogg? I haven't had any comments in so long that's why I ask. Erik didn't win a Grammy last night but he had a blast and he and his fiancé looked just great! Another Swede, Ludwig Göransson, won 3 prices though. Congrats to him.

Sad day

Tonight Olle, my adoptive father that has been like my father almost all my life, died just before 9PM. It was very quick. I talked to the nurse at 6PM and everything was calm then. Just a bit over 2 hours later she called and said he's gotten worse. I asked how and she said his skin changed colour and that he could have 10 minutes or 10 hours left. I was just trying to get to my sister on the phone and ask her if we should go down when the phone rang again just 15 minutes afterwards and it was the nurse telling me that it was over. He went very peacefully and in his sleep. At the end he was given a lot of morphine so he wouldn't be in pain, which he wasn't. I called my sister but we both felt that we already had said our goodbyes and therefore didn't go down to say a last goodbye. He is probably up there somewhere looking down and sensing our feelings. We haven't been able to reach our mother yet and we probably won't tonight so I will tell her when I go there ...

Weekend with H.E.A.T in London

I just got back late last night from London where I spent the weekend with rock'n roll. My main purpose was of course to see H.E.A.T play at O2 Academy Islington London on Saturday. But why not combi ne that with holiday I thought. So me, my sister H and her daughter B as well as Jona's girlfriend M all went. We stayed at this superluxurious ho tel in Holborn Renaissance Chancery court. We had clubroom which gave us a ccess to a Club lounge that offered complimentary meals like continental breakfast, tea/coffe, drinks throughout the day, evening meal and desserts. In our prize was al so an English breakfast in the Pearl restaurant which ordinary cost £24.50! But it was worth it. On Friday evening we went to see "We will ro ck you" with music by Queen. What a musical!!! They talk about Mamma Mia but this one - I don't know but I it's probably better. I got goosebumps all over when the audience at the end starting singing Bohemian Rhapsody, what a feeling. I co...