Fortsätt till huvudinnehåll

Warm and Sunny in California

I have now been here for four days and it's really wonderful to be here.

The trip over went well and we landed only 20 minutes late. But it took over one hour getting though immigration. Luckily Norbert were there waiting for me. We had a good drive home with LOTs of chat and catching up. It was so nice of him to fetch me at the airport.

I had a very warm welcome from my sister and her husband. My room was ready and I had a beautiful red rose with the most wonderful smell in there.
I was a bit tired after the long travel but after eaten a grilled porkchop I was Ok again. I unpacked and then Jo and I actually spoke until 1.30 am. I slept like a baby until 9 and then I was good to go :-)

We have been out shopping, I found the hummingbird nest in the yard, I have eaten the most juicy oranges, we have talked a lot,  we went to the Friday food trucks and that is really something special which I will write more about when I have a computer.

I hate writing on Ipad especially long stories.

Lulu had her grooming today and she's so cute.

Now it's bedtime, sleep well and sweet dreams

Kommentarer

Skicka en kommentar

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Anyone??

I wonder if anyone can see and read my blogg? I haven't had any comments in so long that's why I ask. Erik didn't win a Grammy last night but he had a blast and he and his fiancé looked just great! Another Swede, Ludwig Göransson, won 3 prices though. Congrats to him.

Sad day

Tonight Olle, my adoptive father that has been like my father almost all my life, died just before 9PM. It was very quick. I talked to the nurse at 6PM and everything was calm then. Just a bit over 2 hours later she called and said he's gotten worse. I asked how and she said his skin changed colour and that he could have 10 minutes or 10 hours left. I was just trying to get to my sister on the phone and ask her if we should go down when the phone rang again just 15 minutes afterwards and it was the nurse telling me that it was over. He went very peacefully and in his sleep. At the end he was given a lot of morphine so he wouldn't be in pain, which he wasn't. I called my sister but we both felt that we already had said our goodbyes and therefore didn't go down to say a last goodbye. He is probably up there somewhere looking down and sensing our feelings. We haven't been able to reach our mother yet and we probably won't tonight so I will tell her when I go there ...

On popular demand

I have on popular demand decided to start writing again. I haven't had time to do this blog for a lot of reasons mostly lack of time. There is so much to do and so little time. Since I last wrote there have been a big change and it's my grandson. Yes, I'm a granny now to the most adorable boy, Eddie. He's now 19 months old and I love him to the moon and back. He's my joy and I'm so happy I can see him grow. I have really been there from the moment he was born (almost).  Always on the piano the first thing he do. His parents called me the morning of April 23 last year at 0415AM and said it was time. So I just rushed out of bed, drove to them and then drove them to the hospital. It was a long day before we they called and told us that Eddie was born in the evening. Only 1 1/2 day later I fetched them and drove the new little family home. Since they don't have a car I have driven them where they want to go. The first 6 months were quite difficult wi...