Fortsätt till huvudinnehåll

Road trip to Helsingborg and H.E.A.T's show there


 Fans and friends, Marie-Louise, Peter, Ingvor and me

Thursday me and my very good friend Ingvor started from her house for Helsingborg. Her car was completely full since we also had her wheel chair with us.

We drove to Nyköping where we had our first stop for lunch. Then we continued to lake Vättern and we had of course to have some coffe there with this gorgeous view. The coffee wasn't that good and they hardly had anything to go with it but they did have the view ;-)

We then continued to the cute little town of Gränna which is the home of sugar candy poles or as we say polkagrisar. Of course we had to stop there and buy some. It's a tradition although the canes are very sweet and very bad for your teeth so it's really just a tradition and nothing we really eat (at least not I)


Then we drove alongside one of Sweden's most wonderful motorways that is alongside lake Vättern all the way down to Huskvarna. After Jönköping we continued into Småland and the deep forest of Småland, as we say. Not much of anything but forest. And of course some small towns. One being Ljungby from where I originate, or rather my grandfather does.

From Gränna and Vida Vättern :-)

After 8 hours drive we finally reached our destination - Helsingborg which is in Scania by Öresund. We stayed at Elite Marina Plaza and we, luckily, had our rooms overlooking Denmark (which you reach with ferry in 20 min). On the other side of the hotel they had a stage for dancebands. The whole town was filled with stages, musicians, tivoli, food and everything else you can imagine on a townfestival. The music played well into the night and for those having rooms on that side I don't think they had much sleep :-)

Sunset over Öresund and Denmark. Beautiful evening

The next day, Friday, we decided to call a friend who is also on the Rheumatic board. She has her summerhouse in Skanör which is almost as far south you can come. We called and said we would come for lunch :-) She was happy and we drove down which took only 1 hour. We had a wonderful lunch with salmon, salats, potatoes, cake with raspberries and more. Very nice and so hospital of them.

At lunch in Skanör, me, Gun and Ingvor

After that we headed back to Helsingborg for some rest before dinner and going out. We had the wheelchair since Ingvor isn't capable of standing up for long. To the big stage we went and once there we met up with friends who are big H.E.A.T-fans. Great to see them! Then H.E.A.T on stage! What a show! They had so much joy and you could really see that they enjoyed being on stage. One of the best concerts with them and I have seen many :-)

Afterwards we met up with the guys together with some other friends and fans.

The night was just perfect. Very mild and I just had a dress on and it was like one of the rare (in Sweden) summer nights.

Eric and Jona on stage
Eric, Erik and Crash
The show was fantastic!

The next day we drove home but the weather had turned to worse and we had rain, heavy rain, through Scania and Småland which slowed us down. On the way up we stopped in old Linköping which is a wonderful place a little bit like Old Town in San Diego but of course Swedish style. We stayed there for some time which made us come home later than anticipated so I think it was around 7PM after 10 hours we returned. But what a road trip and how much fun we had. Singing, talking, laughing, being serious and more...

Firefighter model old in Old Linköping
The square with actors in 1800th clothes
Ingvor talking to the police with uniform from 1865

Thank you for a great trip which marked the end of my vacation. Now it's 2 1/2 week to the next one which is New York!


Kommentarer

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Anyone??

I wonder if anyone can see and read my blogg? I haven't had any comments in so long that's why I ask. Erik didn't win a Grammy last night but he had a blast and he and his fiancé looked just great! Another Swede, Ludwig Göransson, won 3 prices though. Congrats to him.

Sad day

Tonight Olle, my adoptive father that has been like my father almost all my life, died just before 9PM. It was very quick. I talked to the nurse at 6PM and everything was calm then. Just a bit over 2 hours later she called and said he's gotten worse. I asked how and she said his skin changed colour and that he could have 10 minutes or 10 hours left. I was just trying to get to my sister on the phone and ask her if we should go down when the phone rang again just 15 minutes afterwards and it was the nurse telling me that it was over. He went very peacefully and in his sleep. At the end he was given a lot of morphine so he wouldn't be in pain, which he wasn't. I called my sister but we both felt that we already had said our goodbyes and therefore didn't go down to say a last goodbye. He is probably up there somewhere looking down and sensing our feelings. We haven't been able to reach our mother yet and we probably won't tonight so I will tell her when I go there ...

On popular demand

I have on popular demand decided to start writing again. I haven't had time to do this blog for a lot of reasons mostly lack of time. There is so much to do and so little time. Since I last wrote there have been a big change and it's my grandson. Yes, I'm a granny now to the most adorable boy, Eddie. He's now 19 months old and I love him to the moon and back. He's my joy and I'm so happy I can see him grow. I have really been there from the moment he was born (almost).  Always on the piano the first thing he do. His parents called me the morning of April 23 last year at 0415AM and said it was time. So I just rushed out of bed, drove to them and then drove them to the hospital. It was a long day before we they called and told us that Eddie was born in the evening. Only 1 1/2 day later I fetched them and drove the new little family home. Since they don't have a car I have driven them where they want to go. The first 6 months were quite difficult wi...