Fortsätt till huvudinnehåll

Last day of July



Yes, it's the last day of July and it's high summer. Yesterday we had quite a lot of rain and it was the first time it rained here at home since I can't remember. It was really needed. The grass haven't been green in a long time. It's yellow because it's so dry. The leaves of the trees especially the birches are getting all yellow because of the drought and this is not usual in Sweden.

I started working again on Monday after 3 weeks holiday. It was hard getting up at 4.45AM again but I managed. So I worked Monday-Tuesday. Today I'm off work because I will be working tomorrow. It's August 1 and I have to do invoicing.


Today I'm off to the hairdresser. My hair tends to grow more in the summer. Maybe it's the same for you? After that I have to go to the bank to pay my Mom's last bills. It's kind of hard because here in Sweden most banks don't have money (!!) So you have to find that special bank that is like a bank is supposed to be! Aren't bank supposed to handle money?

Anyway that's my plans for today. What's yours?

On Saturday we are going to Gävle to celebrate Hasse's oldest son and his fiancée who both turns 50 so we are invited to a 100-year party :-)
Their actual birthdays aren't until December but it's easier to invite when it's summer and you can be outside.
The same day it's a rock festival here in Väsby where bands like H.E.A.T, Dynazty and many many more perform. I would have love to be here for that but obviously can't.
There are a lot of friends from England and other countries coming for this event and I'm so sorry I won't be able to meet them :-(

I don't write often about it but I read a lot!! This summer, since June, I think I have read 10 or more books. I have a habit to read whenever or where ever I am. I can't go to sleep without reading. I read when I cook, when I eat, when I'm in the bathroom. And I have been doing this since I was a child.
Have a great day everyone!



Kommentarer

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Anyone??

I wonder if anyone can see and read my blogg? I haven't had any comments in so long that's why I ask. Erik didn't win a Grammy last night but he had a blast and he and his fiancé looked just great! Another Swede, Ludwig Göransson, won 3 prices though. Congrats to him.

Sad day

Tonight Olle, my adoptive father that has been like my father almost all my life, died just before 9PM. It was very quick. I talked to the nurse at 6PM and everything was calm then. Just a bit over 2 hours later she called and said he's gotten worse. I asked how and she said his skin changed colour and that he could have 10 minutes or 10 hours left. I was just trying to get to my sister on the phone and ask her if we should go down when the phone rang again just 15 minutes afterwards and it was the nurse telling me that it was over. He went very peacefully and in his sleep. At the end he was given a lot of morphine so he wouldn't be in pain, which he wasn't. I called my sister but we both felt that we already had said our goodbyes and therefore didn't go down to say a last goodbye. He is probably up there somewhere looking down and sensing our feelings. We haven't been able to reach our mother yet and we probably won't tonight so I will tell her when I go there ...

Oh my God

The Christmas smorgasbord I just realized I haven't written anything since November 23! But I can tell you I haven't been lazy but there has been so much going on that I haven't had the strength to write. I had meetings that week and I was supposed to be at a conference hotel for lunch that Friday but I was to tired I had to cancel it. So instead I baked safron buns (!) and made chocolate troufles with ginger.  The ferry On December 1 it was Staffan's birthday (Hasse's oldest son) and I worked and worked at my job. Thursday I and Hasse were supposed to go to the theatre and see Come again Charlie, which was one of my birthday presents - thank you Pär and Brita. But Hasse wasn't feeling well so instead I asked Linnea, my bonus grand daughter if she wanted to go and she was very happy that I asked. We had a really good time and the play, which was a comedy, was funny but also with a message which made you laugh and then stop. It was about the si...