Fortsätt till huvudinnehåll

Long time....

It has really been a long time since I wrote last but you know these weeks before the Christmas holidays is just crazy!

There are so much to do and it seems never to be enough time. I am and have been preparing for Advent and Christmas celebrations. First with the Rheumatic association and then on Sunday Advent celebration.

As you know I have had inflammations in my pelvis and have eaten medicine for that. At one point I also walked with crutches. The last weeks I have been very good and without pain so I stopped taking the medicine and on Tuesday I also returned the crutches. What happens? Of course I get severe pain again :-(
Yesterday I was on my feet for 7 hours when we prepared and had the Christmas celebration at the Rheumatic association. That was not good for me! I wasn't able to sleep last night because I couldn't find a position where it didn't hurt.


I have now started to take the medicin again and after I told it on Facebook two friends offered crutches that I can borrow if I need it. Facebook is really great.

Now on Sunday we are going to have our traditional Advent celebration with members of H.E.A.T, girlfriends to the guys, parents, siblings, work-collegues and other friends :-) That is so fun to be able to gather all once a year but I didn't expect to have this pain. Well, it has to be what it is. I have baked the safron buns already and also cakes. I have ginger cookies and gorgonzola and some other stuff like Christmas candy.


I did take time this week to go to my hairstylist. She's such a good friend as well as a super hairstylist.
I'm always happy when I leave.

Next weekend we will have time to chill Hasse and me. We are staying at "our" hotel where we also will eat Christmas food called "julbord". It's like a smorgasbord but with some things added that is just Christmas.

I have enjoyed so much the month in USA when you write in your blog every day. It has been so fun reading my sister's and niece's blogs :-) Even if my sister says she haven't that much to write about it still is fun to read and hear that. I will sadly miss that when December comes - that is if you don't continue :-)

To everyone who reads this - I wish you a very nice 1st Advent :-)

Kommentarer

  1. Maybe you should take it a little easy when you have such pains. Sometimes just resting is what you need to feel better! You always seem to do so much.

    SvaraRadera

Skicka en kommentar

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Anyone??

I wonder if anyone can see and read my blogg? I haven't had any comments in so long that's why I ask. Erik didn't win a Grammy last night but he had a blast and he and his fiancé looked just great! Another Swede, Ludwig Göransson, won 3 prices though. Congrats to him.

Sad day

Tonight Olle, my adoptive father that has been like my father almost all my life, died just before 9PM. It was very quick. I talked to the nurse at 6PM and everything was calm then. Just a bit over 2 hours later she called and said he's gotten worse. I asked how and she said his skin changed colour and that he could have 10 minutes or 10 hours left. I was just trying to get to my sister on the phone and ask her if we should go down when the phone rang again just 15 minutes afterwards and it was the nurse telling me that it was over. He went very peacefully and in his sleep. At the end he was given a lot of morphine so he wouldn't be in pain, which he wasn't. I called my sister but we both felt that we already had said our goodbyes and therefore didn't go down to say a last goodbye. He is probably up there somewhere looking down and sensing our feelings. We haven't been able to reach our mother yet and we probably won't tonight so I will tell her when I go there ...

On popular demand

I have on popular demand decided to start writing again. I haven't had time to do this blog for a lot of reasons mostly lack of time. There is so much to do and so little time. Since I last wrote there have been a big change and it's my grandson. Yes, I'm a granny now to the most adorable boy, Eddie. He's now 19 months old and I love him to the moon and back. He's my joy and I'm so happy I can see him grow. I have really been there from the moment he was born (almost).  Always on the piano the first thing he do. His parents called me the morning of April 23 last year at 0415AM and said it was time. So I just rushed out of bed, drove to them and then drove them to the hospital. It was a long day before we they called and told us that Eddie was born in the evening. Only 1 1/2 day later I fetched them and drove the new little family home. Since they don't have a car I have driven them where they want to go. The first 6 months were quite difficult wi...