Fortsätt till huvudinnehåll

December 1 - 23 days to Christmas Eve

I know! You're mad because I haven't written since November 18 and you are right to be.
My only excuse is that time flies and my days are filled up but that is really not an excuse :-)

What have I been up to you ask yourself. Well, here are some of the things I've done.
 Some of the participants at the conference
The weekend after my last post I went to a chairmen (women) conference that started on Friday and ended Sunday afternoon. It was a great conference and we discussed a lot and we did come to some decisions. Did I mention it was with the Rheumatic association. As always it's the talks that give you the most.
The hotel wasn't the best and the food was not at all good but they did have free icecream and popcorn :-)

On Tuesday last week I baked safronbuns, a lot of them. because I had invited the members of H.E.A.T, their girlfriends, their parents and some other for 1st Advent celebration and also to welcome Erik G and his family into our wonderful H.E.A.T-family.
The safronbuns which are called "lussekatter" 

On Friday we celebrated 1st Advent a bit in advance at work. We had, of course, safronbuns, gingerbread which we put a "röra" of gorgonzola and creme fraiche. Very good! Then glögg with or without alcohol, coffee and lit candles and decorated with Christmas stuff.

Saturday me and Hasse fixed everything for Sunday. Did I mention that we renovated the office at the same time so a lot of extra work :-O But we were ready just in time. 
On Sunday I made a lot of "snittar" (canapés) filled with ham and hoarseradishcheese and with shrimp"röra"(mixture), made coffe, glögg (mulled wine served with raisin and almonds) with and without alcohol, safronbuns, gingerbreads. I had made a safronpancake which is a speciality from Gotland and it went down real easy.
We also had cressets and two Santas on a sledge. It was a success if I may say so myself. Everyone enjoyed and Erik G and his Dad Stellan came into our group easily. They are both very very nice and easygoing people. Unfortunately his Mom couldn't come as she was working.
And now it's a new week or rather we are already in the Midweek. Monday I worked. Yesterday I was off work and I then went down to the studio and met with Jona, Erik G and Erik R. It was very very nice and I played pool with Erik R, had some coffee with the guys and left them a bottle of champagne and some chips. They are writing music for their new record and it will be great!!
This Saturday it's Christmas party with the Rheumatic association and since I'm the chairwoman I will participate and help out with everything I can.

So that's my update and hopefully I will be better. I do admire my sister and nieces who blogged almost every day in November. I love to read their posts which makes me feel a bit closer to them.

Take care in the snow. Dress warm and light candles indoors and make it cosy :-)

Kommentarer

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Anyone??

I wonder if anyone can see and read my blogg? I haven't had any comments in so long that's why I ask. Erik didn't win a Grammy last night but he had a blast and he and his fiancé looked just great! Another Swede, Ludwig Göransson, won 3 prices though. Congrats to him.

Sad day

Tonight Olle, my adoptive father that has been like my father almost all my life, died just before 9PM. It was very quick. I talked to the nurse at 6PM and everything was calm then. Just a bit over 2 hours later she called and said he's gotten worse. I asked how and she said his skin changed colour and that he could have 10 minutes or 10 hours left. I was just trying to get to my sister on the phone and ask her if we should go down when the phone rang again just 15 minutes afterwards and it was the nurse telling me that it was over. He went very peacefully and in his sleep. At the end he was given a lot of morphine so he wouldn't be in pain, which he wasn't. I called my sister but we both felt that we already had said our goodbyes and therefore didn't go down to say a last goodbye. He is probably up there somewhere looking down and sensing our feelings. We haven't been able to reach our mother yet and we probably won't tonight so I will tell her when I go there ...

On popular demand

I have on popular demand decided to start writing again. I haven't had time to do this blog for a lot of reasons mostly lack of time. There is so much to do and so little time. Since I last wrote there have been a big change and it's my grandson. Yes, I'm a granny now to the most adorable boy, Eddie. He's now 19 months old and I love him to the moon and back. He's my joy and I'm so happy I can see him grow. I have really been there from the moment he was born (almost).  Always on the piano the first thing he do. His parents called me the morning of April 23 last year at 0415AM and said it was time. So I just rushed out of bed, drove to them and then drove them to the hospital. It was a long day before we they called and told us that Eddie was born in the evening. Only 1 1/2 day later I fetched them and drove the new little family home. Since they don't have a car I have driven them where they want to go. The first 6 months were quite difficult wi...