Fortsätt till huvudinnehåll

First week completed

 5 year-celebration at work

My first week at my new job is completed. It has been a great and tiring week :-)
I started on Tuesday and left home at 8.05 AM and arrived 9 AM that is 55 minutes to go. So after talking to my neighbour I left the following morning at 7AM and arrived at work 7.17 AM. So from that day I will start early and miss the traffic, not that I miss it :-).
Our cook who grilled to perfection
 Anyway day 1 I just got to know the others and everyone is very nice and quite young. We eat at work all together between 11-12 at least those who are in. So now I bring my own food. It's much cheaper than buying. One funny thing is that each Monday one of us cooks for the others and then score the dishes. That's nice and I think a good way to get new ideas. God knows one need that from time to time.
Me and Rose, who I'm replacing, went shopping for the party we had yesterday. It was to be a playful party since the firm celebrated 5 years. So we bought beachtennissets, badmintonsets and napcotsets as well as frisbees. One of each we put in a bag together with a check for icecream and a lotteryticket. Then they had to fish the bags (like you did when you were little).
We also had coffee and cake but of course there were drinks for adults as well. Outside we had a popcorn-machine like in tivolis and we had funny competitions like basket, hammering, frisbeethrowing all in all 5.
Giftbags ready to be fished :-)
Today I have been home because I worked so many hours yesterday I had already filled my quote.
Just want to show you a photo of my room. I really like it and it's big and airy.
We are soon on our way to a surpriseparty for our "grandchild" that returns home after 5 months in Australia and New Zealand. It will be lovely to see her again.
Have a nice evening everyone :-)

Kommentarer

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Anyone??

I wonder if anyone can see and read my blogg? I haven't had any comments in so long that's why I ask. Erik didn't win a Grammy last night but he had a blast and he and his fiancé looked just great! Another Swede, Ludwig Göransson, won 3 prices though. Congrats to him.

Sad day

Tonight Olle, my adoptive father that has been like my father almost all my life, died just before 9PM. It was very quick. I talked to the nurse at 6PM and everything was calm then. Just a bit over 2 hours later she called and said he's gotten worse. I asked how and she said his skin changed colour and that he could have 10 minutes or 10 hours left. I was just trying to get to my sister on the phone and ask her if we should go down when the phone rang again just 15 minutes afterwards and it was the nurse telling me that it was over. He went very peacefully and in his sleep. At the end he was given a lot of morphine so he wouldn't be in pain, which he wasn't. I called my sister but we both felt that we already had said our goodbyes and therefore didn't go down to say a last goodbye. He is probably up there somewhere looking down and sensing our feelings. We haven't been able to reach our mother yet and we probably won't tonight so I will tell her when I go there ...

On popular demand

I have on popular demand decided to start writing again. I haven't had time to do this blog for a lot of reasons mostly lack of time. There is so much to do and so little time. Since I last wrote there have been a big change and it's my grandson. Yes, I'm a granny now to the most adorable boy, Eddie. He's now 19 months old and I love him to the moon and back. He's my joy and I'm so happy I can see him grow. I have really been there from the moment he was born (almost).  Always on the piano the first thing he do. His parents called me the morning of April 23 last year at 0415AM and said it was time. So I just rushed out of bed, drove to them and then drove them to the hospital. It was a long day before we they called and told us that Eddie was born in the evening. Only 1 1/2 day later I fetched them and drove the new little family home. Since they don't have a car I have driven them where they want to go. The first 6 months were quite difficult wi...