Fortsätt till huvudinnehåll

In Gävle

Now we are in Gävle. We arrived at 2 PM and the first one we saw was Lena and then Bjarne.
When we got in we were served coffee and lots of different cookies. Very nice and good.
Lena had to go to work but we are still a lot of people here. Lena's sister Marie with husband Bjarne, their children Mathilda and Martin. Then of course our grandchildren Linnea, Henrik and Oscar.Staffan as I said earlier. Soon Gunilla and Klara will come too.
Gunilla has cooked for all of us and we are going to have dinner here at Staffan's. Very nice.
Too bad though that neither Jonas nor Emil could come. But Hilma is here and she was so happy when she saw where we stopped. She loves being in Gävle.

Now the big cardplaying is going on in the livingroom and from what I hear Hasse is doing great :-).

Marie, Bjarne and their kids will go back to Grängesberg tonight. Hasse and I will stay until tomorrow. Lena is currently at work and will be home late tonight.

Did I tell you about the service yesterday? First to Inger and her family where we had "Christmas" again. We had bought gifts for our "grandchildren" and Tommy got digital drums. I think his parents love me today, not ;-) We also got gifts from the family and from the kids. Me and Hasse got beautiful framed paintings. I just loved mine. We got photos of the kids of course in a beautiful frame. Also a calender and a game "This is how it could sound" a kind of music game. Very nice.
After that me, Inger and Tracy went to Midnight service in Vilunda church which was very moving and just to the point. Singing, listen to the gospel and the communion. The service didn't end until 0.20 Christmas Day. I didn't fall asleep until 1.30 and woke up at 5.45 AM because Hilma wanted to go out. Tired, tired I ate breakfast but then went back to bed and slept until Hasse woke me at 10.30AM.

Looking forward to good food and nice company tonight. Have a wonderful Christmas all of you that celebrates today.

Kommentarer

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Anyone??

I wonder if anyone can see and read my blogg? I haven't had any comments in so long that's why I ask. Erik didn't win a Grammy last night but he had a blast and he and his fiancé looked just great! Another Swede, Ludwig Göransson, won 3 prices though. Congrats to him.

Sad day

Tonight Olle, my adoptive father that has been like my father almost all my life, died just before 9PM. It was very quick. I talked to the nurse at 6PM and everything was calm then. Just a bit over 2 hours later she called and said he's gotten worse. I asked how and she said his skin changed colour and that he could have 10 minutes or 10 hours left. I was just trying to get to my sister on the phone and ask her if we should go down when the phone rang again just 15 minutes afterwards and it was the nurse telling me that it was over. He went very peacefully and in his sleep. At the end he was given a lot of morphine so he wouldn't be in pain, which he wasn't. I called my sister but we both felt that we already had said our goodbyes and therefore didn't go down to say a last goodbye. He is probably up there somewhere looking down and sensing our feelings. We haven't been able to reach our mother yet and we probably won't tonight so I will tell her when I go there ...

On popular demand

I have on popular demand decided to start writing again. I haven't had time to do this blog for a lot of reasons mostly lack of time. There is so much to do and so little time. Since I last wrote there have been a big change and it's my grandson. Yes, I'm a granny now to the most adorable boy, Eddie. He's now 19 months old and I love him to the moon and back. He's my joy and I'm so happy I can see him grow. I have really been there from the moment he was born (almost).  Always on the piano the first thing he do. His parents called me the morning of April 23 last year at 0415AM and said it was time. So I just rushed out of bed, drove to them and then drove them to the hospital. It was a long day before we they called and told us that Eddie was born in the evening. Only 1 1/2 day later I fetched them and drove the new little family home. Since they don't have a car I have driven them where they want to go. The first 6 months were quite difficult wi...