Fortsätt till huvudinnehåll

Göta canal






Yesterday me and Hasse went on a trip on Göta kanal with the Rheumatic association. The weather forecast had predicted rain and generally bad weather. We started out from 4 different places since we are so scattered. The first ones were picked up at 5.15AM!! We boarded the bus in Upplands Väsby at 6 AM. After the last ones had boarded the bus we started our trip to Bergs slussar where we were to board the ship.

It was surprising how fast I slipped into the role of tourleader again. I haven't been tourleader since 1993 but as I said it came to me faster than you would have thought. Why did I do this you may ask? Well, no one took the responsibility and since we only had the chauffeur (the most important person of the bus) and he was no guide or tourleader someone had to do it.

I had prepared a quiz about Sweden. It consisted of 18 questions and no alternative was given. It's more of a challenge that way. I divided them into groups of two as a team to solve this and that was an ice breaker. We arrived in good time (1 hour) before the boat was to leave so we had time to sit down and take a cup of coffee in the sunshine while one of the passengers played the accordion. Did I mention it was sunshine? Lovely weather and mild temperature.

Finally it was time to board the ship and it was lucky I knew what to do. I was first in line and therefore everyone in my group was admitted onboard first of all :-)
We were designated tables where we were to sit throughout the tour which takes 3 1/2 hours.
We passed 9 locks and 2 aqueducts during the trip and it's fascinating to see.
We also had lunch onboard. A very good salmon with whitewinesauce, fresh potatoes and carrots. Afterwards a cup of coffee. It was so nice to sit and watch the scenery along the canal. Sheeps, birds, cows, tourists, cyklists and all the colours of green you can imagine. It was also very peaceful since the boat travelled with only 5 knots. The actual distance is only around 30 km and takes 3 1/2 hours as I mentioned before.

When we reached Borensberg we got off and our bus stood waiting for us. We then set off to Old Linköping which is a bit like Skansen but smaller. Old buildings have been moved here and set up like banks, bakery, chocolatefactory, old café and more. You can bet there were a lot of bags from the chocolate factory when everyone boarded the bus for our trip home.

When we started I revealed the right answers to the quiz and top 1-4 received prizes which of course was in the Rheumatic spirit.
As I mentioned before we had one passenger who played the accordion and he had also prepared booklets with songs so we all sang along while he played. It was so funny and you really get in a good mood when you sing and for a while you forget your pain and aches.

We returned home at 6PM and everyone was very pleased with the trip. I was so tired because I did feel a responsibility that everything should go as planned and I'm glad it did.

I attach some photos so you get a picture (:D) of how it was. Until next time, take care :-)

Kommentarer

  1. Sounds like fun, even Hasse seemed to enjoy it.

    SvaraRadera
  2. Yepp, he really did. We had a wonderful day :-)

    SvaraRadera
  3. Sounds like a really fun time!

    SvaraRadera

Skicka en kommentar

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Peter Stormare, Martin Stenmarck

Peter and his wife Toshimi. A lovely couple. Me and Helen before the show. LADIES NIGHT Yesterday me and my sister H went to Uppsala to see Ladies night. Have you ever been on one you know what I'm talking about. For you others who haven't yet experienced this I can tell you it's 2500 women and 0 men in the au dience. But on stage there is only men and what men!! One goodlooking guy after another. When we arrived we had champagne and white wine and different kinds of shellfish which wasn't that good but we ate and drank and had fun. For dessert we had a wonderful chocolatecake with raspberrysauce. During dinner Daniel Da Silva taught us to dance Marengo and Disco from the 80s. A lot of fun when everyone stood up and danced. After that a songcompetition and singalong. Finally at 9 the main event. Peter Stormare, Martin Stenmarck and Henrik Hjelt entered the stage. A 2 hour show with full steem all the way. Lots of sex hints of course but also ver

Anyone??

I wonder if anyone can see and read my blogg? I haven't had any comments in so long that's why I ask. Erik didn't win a Grammy last night but he had a blast and he and his fiancé looked just great! Another Swede, Ludwig Göransson, won 3 prices though. Congrats to him.

Sibbarpsrevyn, Ballon dance and conference

My sister Jo sent me this link to a very funny performance by Sibbarpsrevyn. How she can find this in LA I don't know ;-) Watch and enjoy :-) Sibbarpsrevyn   I will send something right back to her and that is our famous "The Ballon dance" The original was with Lars Åberg, Sven Melander and one other which I don't remember. They performed in a TV-show called Nöjesmaskinen "The Enterteinment machine" and was so funny. This version which I found on youtube is from a show called Diggiloo that performs outdoors in the summer all over Sweden. And as you can see we have this wonderful summer weather here ;-) This was, I think, 3 years ago and we must have had a very rainy summer. Watch this, enjoy and tell me what you think :-) Ballongdansen Otherwise I have been on the chairmen conference today and I'm so very tired but it was so good and give so much but now I'm just going to enjoy the rest of the weekend, be lazy and chill ;-)