Fortsätt till huvudinnehåll

Birthday party - not

Me in Ajaccio and the ship in the background


Well, after taking off from Livorno the weather once again was thunder and lightning and windy so that day we made it an early night and woke up the next day in Saint Raphael on the French Riviera near Marseille. The day was lovely and we went by ashore by the tenders. Once there we strolled along the queyside where the Sunday market was. Lot of fun and nice things to look at. Our "grandchildren" wanted to take a bath in the Mediterranean so we went to a little beach. There were only 2 other people there - a madame and her grown daughter who was out swimming. When she came out of the water she went away and the Madam came to me and told me (in French) she had been badly burnt by jellyfishes and warned us to go in. So no bathing for the kids. The Madam continued talking to me, still in French, and I'm so happy I understood all that she said and could even answer her back in French (it has been like 15 years since I spoke French last time). It turned out she owned an hotel in Grenoble and she gave me her calling card telling me I should go there.

Back on board we layed down by the pool trying to get some sun. It was lovely. We took off for Corsica at night and arrived at 7 AM.

Ajaccio
A wonderful town that we fell in love with. The birthplace of Napoleon who, of course, had a statue in town. We saw his birth house and we strolled along the small wonderful streets and we went to the food market. We only stayed here until 1 PM which was ashame.

Storm
Shortly after we left Ajaccio the ship started rocking. It was my birthday on Monday and we had planned to go to the fancy restaurant (booked a table there) but first I headed for the hairdresser doing a makeover :-) When there it rocked more and more and the hairdressers went seasick and so did I. One pill and I could stand it but when I was finished, very nice by the way, I went straight down to the cabin. H said: Oh, how nice you look.

I just throw myself in bed and lyed flat there, couldn't move before I got seasick. So my birthdayparty was laying in bed :-(. It rocked more and more and it didn't get calmer until 11 PM so from 3.30 PM until 6.30 AM the following I was in bed.

The next day it was Tuesday and time to go home
which was sad in a way but still nice.

The ship
Ocean Village two was our ship. Sailed under English flag and you could tell that because everything was British. The food, the entertainment, the passengers etc. We were 88 Scandinavians on board and 1200 Brits.
I did like our cabin but I didn't like the fact that you paid a lot of money and still had to pay extra for almost everything. The only food included was the buffet and if you wanted to be served you had to pay and extra fee and also extra for the food itself. You had to pay to use the internet, 12£ an
hour and of that hour you had to wait for loading 50 minutes and when you finally got in - you were thrown out again. We will not sail with her again.

Home again
Since we got home it hasn't stopped rocking and I still feel
nauseous but hopefully that will be better with time. I did report myself sick to work when I got home. I thought I would feel so much better after this trip but I don't so I have followed my doctor's advice and I will be home until I feel better.

In Tunisia

Kommentarer

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Peter Stormare, Martin Stenmarck

Peter and his wife Toshimi. A lovely couple. Me and Helen before the show. LADIES NIGHT Yesterday me and my sister H went to Uppsala to see Ladies night. Have you ever been on one you know what I'm talking about. For you others who haven't yet experienced this I can tell you it's 2500 women and 0 men in the au dience. But on stage there is only men and what men!! One goodlooking guy after another. When we arrived we had champagne and white wine and different kinds of shellfish which wasn't that good but we ate and drank and had fun. For dessert we had a wonderful chocolatecake with raspberrysauce. During dinner Daniel Da Silva taught us to dance Marengo and Disco from the 80s. A lot of fun when everyone stood up and danced. After that a songcompetition and singalong. Finally at 9 the main event. Peter Stormare, Martin Stenmarck and Henrik Hjelt entered the stage. A 2 hour show with full steem all the way. Lots of sex hints of course but also ver

Anyone??

I wonder if anyone can see and read my blogg? I haven't had any comments in so long that's why I ask. Erik didn't win a Grammy last night but he had a blast and he and his fiancé looked just great! Another Swede, Ludwig Göransson, won 3 prices though. Congrats to him.

Sibbarpsrevyn, Ballon dance and conference

My sister Jo sent me this link to a very funny performance by Sibbarpsrevyn. How she can find this in LA I don't know ;-) Watch and enjoy :-) Sibbarpsrevyn   I will send something right back to her and that is our famous "The Ballon dance" The original was with Lars Åberg, Sven Melander and one other which I don't remember. They performed in a TV-show called Nöjesmaskinen "The Enterteinment machine" and was so funny. This version which I found on youtube is from a show called Diggiloo that performs outdoors in the summer all over Sweden. And as you can see we have this wonderful summer weather here ;-) This was, I think, 3 years ago and we must have had a very rainy summer. Watch this, enjoy and tell me what you think :-) Ballongdansen Otherwise I have been on the chairmen conference today and I'm so very tired but it was so good and give so much but now I'm just going to enjoy the rest of the weekend, be lazy and chill ;-)