Fortsätt till huvudinnehåll

Last of summer?

Last day in August. Where did summer go? I don't know because this summer was the worst but finally it seems like things are getting better, thank God.
I went to the Royal Opera on Friday and saw the most amazing Troubador by Verdi. It was so awesome. The singers were great especially the tenor singing the troubador's role. He was amazing! The public including me and my friend were extatic. You don't expect that on an ordinary evening. I said to H, who is so kind to drive us home after every opera visit, that we should be out pretty soon after the curtain fall because there is not a premiére or something extra. But it certainly was. The applause were many, long and welldeserved. One other singer I must mention is the mezzosoprano who played the gypsy. What voice and the voice of her and the tenor came together so nice and with Verdi's wonderful music and the words that just spoke to me I was totally overwhelmed by emotions and moved to tears. What a wonderful unexpected evening.

Yesterday was something totally different when we went to a crayfishparty at one of our neighbours house. It was a wonderful night full of start, clean fresh air, outside sitting, lots of crayfish, shrimps, pies not to mention drinks and the all important "nubbe" accompanied by "nubbesongs". A great bunch with a mix of us "elder young" and the young ones was a wonderful to have a great time.
I really needed that after spending almost the whole day with my parents helping them out with some arrends, shopping for them, attending their house for the last time before, finally, finishing the sale tomorrow. So this party was a real relaxation to me.Love this photo of hubby and our good friend and neighbour L.






Now it's only a week to go before we take off for our cruise to the Mediterranean. I have longed so much and I hope it will be as wonderful as we thought when we first planned it. During this cruise, the last night, I will celebrate my birthday. Nothing big mind you but you know me, I love to celebrate :-) so hopefully my husband and friends will prepare something nice for me (at least I hope so).

Kommentarer

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Anyone??

I wonder if anyone can see and read my blogg? I haven't had any comments in so long that's why I ask. Erik didn't win a Grammy last night but he had a blast and he and his fiancé looked just great! Another Swede, Ludwig Göransson, won 3 prices though. Congrats to him.

Sad day

Tonight Olle, my adoptive father that has been like my father almost all my life, died just before 9PM. It was very quick. I talked to the nurse at 6PM and everything was calm then. Just a bit over 2 hours later she called and said he's gotten worse. I asked how and she said his skin changed colour and that he could have 10 minutes or 10 hours left. I was just trying to get to my sister on the phone and ask her if we should go down when the phone rang again just 15 minutes afterwards and it was the nurse telling me that it was over. He went very peacefully and in his sleep. At the end he was given a lot of morphine so he wouldn't be in pain, which he wasn't. I called my sister but we both felt that we already had said our goodbyes and therefore didn't go down to say a last goodbye. He is probably up there somewhere looking down and sensing our feelings. We haven't been able to reach our mother yet and we probably won't tonight so I will tell her when I go there ...

Weekend with H.E.A.T in London

I just got back late last night from London where I spent the weekend with rock'n roll. My main purpose was of course to see H.E.A.T play at O2 Academy Islington London on Saturday. But why not combi ne that with holiday I thought. So me, my sister H and her daughter B as well as Jona's girlfriend M all went. We stayed at this superluxurious ho tel in Holborn Renaissance Chancery court. We had clubroom which gave us a ccess to a Club lounge that offered complimentary meals like continental breakfast, tea/coffe, drinks throughout the day, evening meal and desserts. In our prize was al so an English breakfast in the Pearl restaurant which ordinary cost £24.50! But it was worth it. On Friday evening we went to see "We will ro ck you" with music by Queen. What a musical!!! They talk about Mamma Mia but this one - I don't know but I it's probably better. I got goosebumps all over when the audience at the end starting singing Bohemian Rhapsody, what a feeling. I co...