Fortsätt till huvudinnehåll

Yasuragi Spa, Hasseludden, Saltsjo-Boo




Me and my bonus daughter G went to Yasuragi Spa on Sunday. This is a place just outside of Stockholm in the wonderful archipelago of Stockholm.
It was my Christmas- and birthdaygift for her and since she's in the middle of a separation she really needed to get away and relax.
Thanks to M who works at the Yasuragi, we had the most wonderful suite called Shikara (I really don't know what that means and I forgot to ask). We had our own very big bathroom with private Japanese washing area as well as the biggest bathtub we've ever seen. It was in tile and very deep approx. 1 meter, 2 meter long and 1,20 broad. You could easily fit two people in there but it took forever to fill it up.
A big, big, room almost like a whole flat with different areas. One was the bed who was like on a podium, then a meditation area and a sitting area. Also a big balcony. See the photos.

When we arrived we put on the Yukata, which is the only clothes (apart from underwear) that you wear throughout the whole visit. You have it on when you do the activities, when you dine and when you eat breakfast. I love the idea because you don't have to bring all those fancy clothes and compete with others. Here everyone looks the same and if someone doesn't wear the Yukata you raise and eyebrow and wonder why ;-).

After that we went down to the first acitivity which was Meditation in movement also called Heart chakra. This is a very good form of meditation where you do repeating movements to music which is very suggestive thus making you become in this meditative state.

After that we had a short break before the next activity which in my case was QiGong. I love the moves and the feeling of energy flowing through you. Why don't I keep this up when I come home? But I will try to keep it up this year though because you really do feel better.

Next activity was Zenmeditation but I skipped that and it was just G that went. I stayed in the room instead and had a glass of wine. When G arrived she also had one and then it was time for dinner.

What dinner! I love sushi. We first had, of course, misosoap and then 4 sushi of the chef's choice. Very good but it is hard to eat with sticks. Even though I have done it so many times I never seem to learn. The main course was a magnificent char with some kind of creamy sauce and fennel. For desert I had a chocolatetarte with rasberries and a bit of icecream from green tea. Oh what a perfect way to end this dinner.

Back in the suite we, of course, had to try out our bathroom so we started fill the tub while having yet another glass of wine :-). It took forever to fill the tub and meanwhile we started the Japanese washing procedure which is very special. It's hard to describe. You really should go there so you have a chance to do it yourself.
Anyway after scrubbing we went into the bath with a glass of wine of course. After all this we were exhausted and got to bed and slept very well.

This morning up at 7 AM and then breakfast because we both had treatments at 9 and 10.
Gunilla had Asagao which is a kind of massage with hot oils. She said it was very good and relaxing. Myself I did a Sakora which is a kind of facial treatment but with pressure on the bodies energypoints as well. Also the facialtreatment doesn't include pore emptying. Every woman who ever had a facial knows what that is.

Back home now relaxed and invigorated and ready for a new week which actually begins with me having vacation until Wednesday. Nothing planned so I can continue relaxing

Kommentarer

  1. wow, sounds decadent and wonderful!

    welcome to the blogosphere, I look forward to reading more of your adventures!

    xox
    Lizzie
    www.meetinggrace.wordpress.com

    SvaraRadera

Skicka en kommentar

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Peter Stormare, Martin Stenmarck

Peter and his wife Toshimi. A lovely couple. Me and Helen before the show. LADIES NIGHT Yesterday me and my sister H went to Uppsala to see Ladies night. Have you ever been on one you know what I'm talking about. For you others who haven't yet experienced this I can tell you it's 2500 women and 0 men in the au dience. But on stage there is only men and what men!! One goodlooking guy after another. When we arrived we had champagne and white wine and different kinds of shellfish which wasn't that good but we ate and drank and had fun. For dessert we had a wonderful chocolatecake with raspberrysauce. During dinner Daniel Da Silva taught us to dance Marengo and Disco from the 80s. A lot of fun when everyone stood up and danced. After that a songcompetition and singalong. Finally at 9 the main event. Peter Stormare, Martin Stenmarck and Henrik Hjelt entered the stage. A 2 hour show with full steem all the way. Lots of sex hints of course but also ver

Anyone??

I wonder if anyone can see and read my blogg? I haven't had any comments in so long that's why I ask. Erik didn't win a Grammy last night but he had a blast and he and his fiancé looked just great! Another Swede, Ludwig Göransson, won 3 prices though. Congrats to him.

Sibbarpsrevyn, Ballon dance and conference

My sister Jo sent me this link to a very funny performance by Sibbarpsrevyn. How she can find this in LA I don't know ;-) Watch and enjoy :-) Sibbarpsrevyn   I will send something right back to her and that is our famous "The Ballon dance" The original was with Lars Åberg, Sven Melander and one other which I don't remember. They performed in a TV-show called Nöjesmaskinen "The Enterteinment machine" and was so funny. This version which I found on youtube is from a show called Diggiloo that performs outdoors in the summer all over Sweden. And as you can see we have this wonderful summer weather here ;-) This was, I think, 3 years ago and we must have had a very rainy summer. Watch this, enjoy and tell me what you think :-) Ballongdansen Otherwise I have been on the chairmen conference today and I'm so very tired but it was so good and give so much but now I'm just going to enjoy the rest of the weekend, be lazy and chill ;-)