Fortsätt till huvudinnehåll

Grey Wednesday

Today has been a grey rather dull day. When I got up at 5.15 AM I saw it was raining. After breakfast which my wonderful husband H does for me every day, I drove to work. It was still raining heavily but now with some snow in it. As I drove along the rain shifted over more and more to snow and by the time I was at work it was pure snow - and a lot of it. I wasn't prepared for that at all and had just ordinary shoes. It continued snowing almost until I stopped work at 11 AM when it just rained. It continued raining almost all day and the sun didn't shine at all, just cloudy and grey.

My happy moment today was, I think, when I went to our company nurse for a shot of B12. Not that I got the shot, but that I know it makes me feel so much better.

I'm still very tired but I think that it because I have this infection in one tooth. Didn't I write about that before? Anyway I suddenly had a swelling above one of my teeth and as the days went by it started to hurt very bad. The other teeth around this one also hurt bad. So I called my sis H, she's a dentist, and she prescribed this antibiotics and I think it's those two in combination, medicine and infection, that makes me feel more exhausted than usual. Every evening when I watch TV I found myself half asleep and then I realize I have to go to bed. I'm an evening person but now I'm in bed by 9.30 PM! That is early to me.

I promised to tell you about how I found my Father. After my Mom had told me, I searched for years every possibility I knew with no luck. Finally I called our National telephone company and asked if there was such a person in Barcelona. There were two and the one I called was my Father. He was very happy to hear from me and he came to see me just a couple of weeks after that phone call. It was kind of strange but exciting to meet him. He also wanted to meet my son D, my Mom and O and we had a lovely dinner that evening. He later came back two more times during which he showed me photos of my sisters. One he said lived in USA, was married with two children. He also said and showed me a photo of my other sister but didn't tell me much about her more than that she lived in Spain. Unfortunately he never said my sister's name nor where they lived exactly and USA is big.
Although we didn't meet that many times I was still very happy to have the chance to know him. He was a warm and generous person always happy, at least when I met him. He loved music, something I do too and as you have read earlier so does my son J. He also loved travels which I do too and I have actually been working as a traveleader. I'm so glad I had the opportunity to meet him and see where I came from. There is always questions when you grow up who you look like, where did I get that from and so on. A funny thing is that my son J has such a beautiful almost aristocratic and it's a bit different from us nose from all of us and yesterday I found a photo of my Father when he was young and suddenly I saw that J has exactly the same nose! I showed H the photo and he laughed and said that is exactly the same.
Later in life when I got ill everyone asked about family history regarding illnesses but I couldn't know then. We didn't meet in person many times but we wrote often to each other, sometimes I just got postcards but also letters. Suddenly the postcards and letters stopped coming and I had no idea what had happened.
After a couple of years I got a computer and was on the internet when I saw people looking for other people on messageboards. I thought this might be a way of finding my sisters. So I placed an add on ICQ asking for siblings. I went in there almost every day for a while to check if someone had answered but nothing. Days became weeks that became years and I had really forgotten all about it when one night I went on the internet. I had just returned from our summerhouse in Gotland and was checking the mail and there it was! The mail said: Are you the MT looking for siblings after RP?
I immediately answered and said Yes! The reply came instantly - Then I'm your sister.

Kommentarer

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Peter Stormare, Martin Stenmarck

Peter and his wife Toshimi. A lovely couple. Me and Helen before the show. LADIES NIGHT Yesterday me and my sister H went to Uppsala to see Ladies night. Have you ever been on one you know what I'm talking about. For you others who haven't yet experienced this I can tell you it's 2500 women and 0 men in the au dience. But on stage there is only men and what men!! One goodlooking guy after another. When we arrived we had champagne and white wine and different kinds of shellfish which wasn't that good but we ate and drank and had fun. For dessert we had a wonderful chocolatecake with raspberrysauce. During dinner Daniel Da Silva taught us to dance Marengo and Disco from the 80s. A lot of fun when everyone stood up and danced. After that a songcompetition and singalong. Finally at 9 the main event. Peter Stormare, Martin Stenmarck and Henrik Hjelt entered the stage. A 2 hour show with full steem all the way. Lots of sex hints of course but also ver

Anyone??

I wonder if anyone can see and read my blogg? I haven't had any comments in so long that's why I ask. Erik didn't win a Grammy last night but he had a blast and he and his fiancé looked just great! Another Swede, Ludwig Göransson, won 3 prices though. Congrats to him.

Sibbarpsrevyn, Ballon dance and conference

My sister Jo sent me this link to a very funny performance by Sibbarpsrevyn. How she can find this in LA I don't know ;-) Watch and enjoy :-) Sibbarpsrevyn   I will send something right back to her and that is our famous "The Ballon dance" The original was with Lars Åberg, Sven Melander and one other which I don't remember. They performed in a TV-show called Nöjesmaskinen "The Enterteinment machine" and was so funny. This version which I found on youtube is from a show called Diggiloo that performs outdoors in the summer all over Sweden. And as you can see we have this wonderful summer weather here ;-) This was, I think, 3 years ago and we must have had a very rainy summer. Watch this, enjoy and tell me what you think :-) Ballongdansen Otherwise I have been on the chairmen conference today and I'm so very tired but it was so good and give so much but now I'm just going to enjoy the rest of the weekend, be lazy and chill ;-)