Fortsätt till huvudinnehåll

Brunch cruise in Stockholm archipelago

What a day we had picked for our brunch cruise!! The weather was gorgeous, around 23C, sunshine and a breeze.


 Me and Helen on deck


 The new ride at Grona Lund

After finally finding a parking place on Strandvagen, which isn't easy, we headed to the boat. It's a steamship called Stockholm.
 The Danish Royal ship - Dannebrogen

On the opposite quay was the Danish royal ship, Dannebrogen. We thought it must have already come for the Princess wedding on June 8.
The Danish royals always stays on that boat during Royal parties instead of a hotel or castle.

 My beautiful sister in the ship and you can see the brunch table behind.

As soon as we had left the brunch started. There were all sorts of things, smoked salmon, herrings in all forms and shapes (which I don't eat), sausages, salads, bread, meatballs, chicken and much much more.

 Stockholm is beautiful!

The dessert table was just delicious!! And so it kept on. We were out for 3 hours and all the time Stockholm and the archipelago showed itself from the best side.

 Vaxholm's citadel

If you want to come to Sweden and Stockholm this is the time of year to do so. From mid May until the end of August it's just beautiful, but mostly now when everything is so light green, so many flowers, so many wonderful fragrances.
The beautiful little coast town Vaxholm

Tomorrow it's Mother's Day and the boys are coming over - all 3 of them!
That is very special and usually only happens on Christmas ;-)
And here's, of course, "our" wonderful hotel where we usually stay :-)

Take care everyone and be safe!



Kommentarer

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Anyone??

I wonder if anyone can see and read my blogg? I haven't had any comments in so long that's why I ask. Erik didn't win a Grammy last night but he had a blast and he and his fiancé looked just great! Another Swede, Ludwig Göransson, won 3 prices though. Congrats to him.

Sad day

Tonight Olle, my adoptive father that has been like my father almost all my life, died just before 9PM. It was very quick. I talked to the nurse at 6PM and everything was calm then. Just a bit over 2 hours later she called and said he's gotten worse. I asked how and she said his skin changed colour and that he could have 10 minutes or 10 hours left. I was just trying to get to my sister on the phone and ask her if we should go down when the phone rang again just 15 minutes afterwards and it was the nurse telling me that it was over. He went very peacefully and in his sleep. At the end he was given a lot of morphine so he wouldn't be in pain, which he wasn't. I called my sister but we both felt that we already had said our goodbyes and therefore didn't go down to say a last goodbye. He is probably up there somewhere looking down and sensing our feelings. We haven't been able to reach our mother yet and we probably won't tonight so I will tell her when I go there ...

On popular demand

I have on popular demand decided to start writing again. I haven't had time to do this blog for a lot of reasons mostly lack of time. There is so much to do and so little time. Since I last wrote there have been a big change and it's my grandson. Yes, I'm a granny now to the most adorable boy, Eddie. He's now 19 months old and I love him to the moon and back. He's my joy and I'm so happy I can see him grow. I have really been there from the moment he was born (almost).  Always on the piano the first thing he do. His parents called me the morning of April 23 last year at 0415AM and said it was time. So I just rushed out of bed, drove to them and then drove them to the hospital. It was a long day before we they called and told us that Eddie was born in the evening. Only 1 1/2 day later I fetched them and drove the new little family home. Since they don't have a car I have driven them where they want to go. The first 6 months were quite difficult wi...