Fortsätt till huvudinnehåll

WOW AND DOUBLE WOW!!

What a day and what a night yesterday!
The venue after we had decorated (green and white are Rheumatic association colors)

I couldn't have asked for more. They day started at 10.30 at Tre Rosor in Rosersberg where we, after checking in and having lunch, started packing goodiebags. What was in them? I can now tell you:
There were shower gel and body lotion 250 ml each, two cruise vouchers, tootbrush and toothpaste, chocolate and an underlayer. Everyone was very happy and surprised when we handed them out :-)
The goodiebags after being packed


We had wonderful artists, H.E.A.T who played rock so all the ladies went up dancing. Being in pain as we is all the time music is one thing that makes you feel better, but of course today we could hardly walk and are in so much pain but it's worth it.

  
H.E.A.T on stage
We also had two gorgeous cousins - Peter Johansson and Matilda Hansson - entertaining us. Peter is a friend and I asked him a long time ago if they could come and they did. Peter played the role of Galileo in We will rock you - the musical with Queen music - in London for 3 years. He has toured a lot and has been in several TV-shows as well as giving concerts summer and Christmas with Matilda who is his cousin.
Peter and Matilda singing beautifully

Peter in their big dressing room
We also had a lottery. We had beforehand placed notes under the tables very randomly. After coffee and speaches I asked everyone to feel under the table and those who had one had won. They were also numbered from 1 to 24 which was how many we had.
The prizes were: one total make-over given by my hairdresser, one hour massage or reflexologi given by my friend in Norrtälje, a cruise with 10 cabins for your friends or family, 10 CD:s given by Peter and Matilda, 10 giftcards for chocolate from Kungsholmens chocolate and coffee. The ones who won were so happy :-)
Lasse and Anna
Above a photo of Anna and Lasse who is my former co-workers and friends that owns and runs the venue. They were so helpful and a big part that everything went so smoothly. We have, me, Turid and Ingvor, planned this jubilee since last year.

And yes, I was conferencier/toastmaster the whole night and it went well :-)
I'm so happy and satisfied today.

Have a good Saturday night, I will soon go to bed :-)


Kommentarer

  1. It looks like you all had a great time, congratulations, fantastic! You are such an excellent planner :)

    PS what's an underlayer????

    SvaraRadera
  2. Where you place hot pots and pans :-)

    SvaraRadera

Skicka en kommentar

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Anyone??

I wonder if anyone can see and read my blogg? I haven't had any comments in so long that's why I ask. Erik didn't win a Grammy last night but he had a blast and he and his fiancé looked just great! Another Swede, Ludwig Göransson, won 3 prices though. Congrats to him.

Sad day

Tonight Olle, my adoptive father that has been like my father almost all my life, died just before 9PM. It was very quick. I talked to the nurse at 6PM and everything was calm then. Just a bit over 2 hours later she called and said he's gotten worse. I asked how and she said his skin changed colour and that he could have 10 minutes or 10 hours left. I was just trying to get to my sister on the phone and ask her if we should go down when the phone rang again just 15 minutes afterwards and it was the nurse telling me that it was over. He went very peacefully and in his sleep. At the end he was given a lot of morphine so he wouldn't be in pain, which he wasn't. I called my sister but we both felt that we already had said our goodbyes and therefore didn't go down to say a last goodbye. He is probably up there somewhere looking down and sensing our feelings. We haven't been able to reach our mother yet and we probably won't tonight so I will tell her when I go there ...

On popular demand

I have on popular demand decided to start writing again. I haven't had time to do this blog for a lot of reasons mostly lack of time. There is so much to do and so little time. Since I last wrote there have been a big change and it's my grandson. Yes, I'm a granny now to the most adorable boy, Eddie. He's now 19 months old and I love him to the moon and back. He's my joy and I'm so happy I can see him grow. I have really been there from the moment he was born (almost).  Always on the piano the first thing he do. His parents called me the morning of April 23 last year at 0415AM and said it was time. So I just rushed out of bed, drove to them and then drove them to the hospital. It was a long day before we they called and told us that Eddie was born in the evening. Only 1 1/2 day later I fetched them and drove the new little family home. Since they don't have a car I have driven them where they want to go. The first 6 months were quite difficult wi...