Fortsätt till huvudinnehåll

Long, long time overdue....long post

I just saw that I haven't written since February 17 and now it's June 10. Wow, shame on me and where did that time go?

February was filled with annual meetings and interviews. I helped my sister recruit a dentist nurse to the clinic and I found a perfect match. I had 35 applications and she was the one I felt was right just by reading her CV. So now she has been working with my sis for 2 months and they both (and the others at the clinic) are very happy.

Then it was annual board meeting at my work and I was elected to the board which really is something big and shows a big appreciation for my work.

March was Easter month and of course a couple of dinners here at home with the boys and Mandy.
Jonas was on a European and Swedish tour with Martina Edoff. He also went to Milan for a concert with the band TREAT. 
Easter dinner with the boys, Helen and her family

Pie for dessert


One major thing that really took all my "extra" time from January was planning Hasse's 75th surprise birthday party which Jonas and I started talking about in January. When March came it was full on. A lot to do. We had rented the venue. Then I made the programs and printed them, the seeting for the dinner, talking to the caterer, talking to everyone invited (which I did through a secret group on Facebook) and telling them to not say a word to Hasse. His birthday is April 7  and on the day he actually got some flowers and birthday greeting cards as well as some phone calls.
Hasse with children and some of the grandchildren
It's very hard catching Danniel on photo but here he is sitting in a white t-shirt beside Johan who is standing up.


The dinner table and us

Helping Hasse opening presents

Jonas and Mandy

Saturday April 9 the plan was set in motion. I had tricked him to go to Emil because Emil needed some "help with the washing" and I told him that some of the children and grandchildren would come and celebrate him from Gavle. I told him I wanted to be alone and prepare the food and be home by 3PM. Of course he wasn't to come home. Emil had instructions. I had previously packed nice clothes for Hasse to change to when he came. All guests were told to be there by 3PM but before that my sis, Jonas, Mandy and Lena (who came from Gavle 8AM and had to stay at Jonas until they all could come) came and helped me decorate and set the table. By 3PM we were all gathered and I had texted Emil that they could come. He asked if he could drive and of course he could but when they were supposed to turn left Emil continued straight ahead and Hasse said: where are you going, we have to go home! But Emil said; It was so long since I drove here so I just wanted to see. And so they went and suddenly Hasse see's my car and that was just outside the venue and only then he started to realise something was going on. I met him at the door and he, quite angry because he didn't want a lot of fuss (or so he thought) said: What have you done?
I just said that's it's cool and just follow me. He said he didn't have any nice clothes and I said: chill it will all work out.
So when he entered the big hall he was given a glass of champagne and everyone (35) started singing Happy birthday. And yes he teared up and so did I.
When he and Emil went to change clothes I had prepared a quiz about Hasse and the year he was born 1941, to keep the guests entertained. Meanwhile I, Helen and Lena started to put the food on the table as well as wine and everything else.
Then it was time for dinner - grilled pork fillet with potatoegratain, chantarelle sauce, salat and bread. For dessert we just had Hasse's favorite cake which is White Lady
We sang a lot during dinner and afterwards, since there are a lot of musicians among our family and friends, pianoplaying, singing and very good mood. Hasse never wanted to go home! He was so frustrated that he hadn't had a clue. He still today says that - I was so fooled.
Anyway that was one big thing in April but also Jonas turned 31, I got a raise and the next big thing was the trip I had planned, organised and booked to Oslo with my work. It was such a success and I must say I really loved Oslo. The people were so friendly, the hotel gorgeous (so much that I will return in September-October for 4 days) and although I couldn't attend all activities I had a great time. I also met, which was the first time in 20 years, a couple of very good friends on Aker bridge. I heard someone shouting Mia and I turned around and there they were. We had a lovely afternoon on the roof top bar at my hotel. To end the month of April we went to Gavle. Me to take Lena and Gunilla to the theatre for a musical concert with my friend Viktoria Tocca and more. It was a magic night.
My friends that I met for the first time in 20 years
Me on the roof of the Oslo operahouse

May - Just 5 days into the month our second great grandchild a little girl, Ebba, was born.
Emil turned 29 on May 9 . Hasse and I went on a luxury cruise to Helsinki and on board we saw the musical Grease. We had of course a commodore cabin with balcony (suite) which I love. The weather wasn't on our side though. Also Tristan in SLC graduated with honors and I sent him a gift card to Amazon.com. It's so sad they are so far away. It's not like you can hop on a plane and fly there to congratulate. It's a little bit too far for that.

And now we have June. Hasse and I went to Norrtalje to our friends for lunch last Friday. It was a gorgeous day and we sat outside in the sunshine overlooking the sea.

On Wednesday I removed a "flärp" a thing that shouldn't be where it was, in my face close to the eye.

Next weekend we are going to Svardsjo in Dalarna to celebrate Gunilla's 50th birthday. We will stay at a hotel since she can't have all of us in the house. I will keep my fingers crossed for nice weather.

Oh, I just forgot - Jonas also went to Australia with Erik Grönwall and performed on a Melodic rock festival in Melbourne. It was his first visit down under and I think now he has been to all continents of the world. It was a 31 hour flight though which is rather tiresome.

Jonas and Erik acustic set Melbourne



Ah well that is all for now. I will try to better myself writing and maybe as the vacation gets closer maybe I will have some time to write. Now I'm so tired that I priority resting and sleeping.

Take care of each other and enjoy what you have .

Kommentarer

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Peter Stormare, Martin Stenmarck

Peter and his wife Toshimi. A lovely couple. Me and Helen before the show. LADIES NIGHT Yesterday me and my sister H went to Uppsala to see Ladies night. Have you ever been on one you know what I'm talking about. For you others who haven't yet experienced this I can tell you it's 2500 women and 0 men in the au dience. But on stage there is only men and what men!! One goodlooking guy after another. When we arrived we had champagne and white wine and different kinds of shellfish which wasn't that good but we ate and drank and had fun. For dessert we had a wonderful chocolatecake with raspberrysauce. During dinner Daniel Da Silva taught us to dance Marengo and Disco from the 80s. A lot of fun when everyone stood up and danced. After that a songcompetition and singalong. Finally at 9 the main event. Peter Stormare, Martin Stenmarck and Henrik Hjelt entered the stage. A 2 hour show with full steem all the way. Lots of sex hints of course but also ver

Anyone??

I wonder if anyone can see and read my blogg? I haven't had any comments in so long that's why I ask. Erik didn't win a Grammy last night but he had a blast and he and his fiancé looked just great! Another Swede, Ludwig Göransson, won 3 prices though. Congrats to him.

Sibbarpsrevyn, Ballon dance and conference

My sister Jo sent me this link to a very funny performance by Sibbarpsrevyn. How she can find this in LA I don't know ;-) Watch and enjoy :-) Sibbarpsrevyn   I will send something right back to her and that is our famous "The Ballon dance" The original was with Lars Åberg, Sven Melander and one other which I don't remember. They performed in a TV-show called Nöjesmaskinen "The Enterteinment machine" and was so funny. This version which I found on youtube is from a show called Diggiloo that performs outdoors in the summer all over Sweden. And as you can see we have this wonderful summer weather here ;-) This was, I think, 3 years ago and we must have had a very rainy summer. Watch this, enjoy and tell me what you think :-) Ballongdansen Otherwise I have been on the chairmen conference today and I'm so very tired but it was so good and give so much but now I'm just going to enjoy the rest of the weekend, be lazy and chill ;-)