Fortsätt till huvudinnehåll

Yummie cookies and snow, and more snow....

My niece S in Salt Lake City posted a photo from a park in her town that pretty much looked like spring. SLC have similar weather to us here in Upplands Vasby but this winter it seems to differ. It has been snowing here now for 3 days and we have quite a lot of snow. Look at the photos here and compare that to my photos :-) Quite a contrast!

Park in Salt Lake City
This is our courtyard and yes we still have our tree because of the light and because we have a blackbird living under it :-)

Outside and our mailbox

Looking down the street

So quite different from the photo from SLC. Here I think they said we will have 6 weeks of winter. OK I don't mind as long as it's nice and sunny on May 23. There have been years when we have had snow in June even!

One of my favorite cookies and also for many others in my family. I call them Yummie cookies because they are so good :-)

Yummie cookies
16 st
113 g smält smör
150 g krossade Digestive
90 g kokosflingor
170 g ljus choklad
100 g hackade pekannötter (jag tog pekan- och valnötter)
1 burk kondenserad mjölk

Värm ugnen till 175 grader och placera ugnsgallret mitt i ugnen.
Klä en liten långpanna (23x23 ca) med bakplåtspapper.

Smält smör och häll i långpannan. Krossa Digestivekexen och strö krosset i ett jämnt lager över smöret. Strö kokos över smulorna. Strö hackad choklad över kokoslagret. Strö nötter över chokladen. Häll till sist över den kondenserade mjölken över alla ingredienserna. Blanda INTE IHOP ingredienserna. De ska ligga i lager på lager.
(OBS! Förbered gärna alla ingredienser i små skålar så går det fortare och lättare vid lager-på-lager momentet)
Grädda kakan i 30-35 minuter tills stickan kommer upp torr när du provar i kakans mitt. Låt kakan svalna i formen och skär sedan i rutor.
Förvara i kylskåp eller frys in.

In English:
Yummie cookies 16 pieces
113 g melted butter
150 g of crushed Digestive
90g desiccated coconut
170g milk chocolate
100g chopped pecans (I took pekan- and walnuts)
1 can of condensed milk

Preheat oven to 175 degrees and place oven rack in middle of oven.
Line a small roasting pan (23x23 approx) with parchment paper.

Melt the butter and pour into pan. Crush Digestive and sprinkle nibs in an even layer over the butter. Sprinkle coconut over the crumbs. Sprinkle chopped chocolate over coconut layer. Sprinkle nuts over the chocolate. Finally pour  the condensed milk over all the ingredients. Do not mix up the ingredients. They should lie in layers.

(NOTE: Prepare all ingredients in small bowls so it's quicker and easier when you do the layer-by-layer )

Bake for 30-35 minutes until the stick comes up dry when you try the cake in the middle. Let the cake cool in the pan and then cut into squares.

Store in the refrigerator or freeze.

Try this and enjoy, they are dangerously delicious!! 

Until next time - take care and be nice to one another especially if you are out in the traffic.
 



Kommentarer

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Peter Stormare, Martin Stenmarck

Peter and his wife Toshimi. A lovely couple. Me and Helen before the show. LADIES NIGHT Yesterday me and my sister H went to Uppsala to see Ladies night. Have you ever been on one you know what I'm talking about. For you others who haven't yet experienced this I can tell you it's 2500 women and 0 men in the au dience. But on stage there is only men and what men!! One goodlooking guy after another. When we arrived we had champagne and white wine and different kinds of shellfish which wasn't that good but we ate and drank and had fun. For dessert we had a wonderful chocolatecake with raspberrysauce. During dinner Daniel Da Silva taught us to dance Marengo and Disco from the 80s. A lot of fun when everyone stood up and danced. After that a songcompetition and singalong. Finally at 9 the main event. Peter Stormare, Martin Stenmarck and Henrik Hjelt entered the stage. A 2 hour show with full steem all the way. Lots of sex hints of course but also ver

Anyone??

I wonder if anyone can see and read my blogg? I haven't had any comments in so long that's why I ask. Erik didn't win a Grammy last night but he had a blast and he and his fiancé looked just great! Another Swede, Ludwig Göransson, won 3 prices though. Congrats to him.

Sibbarpsrevyn, Ballon dance and conference

My sister Jo sent me this link to a very funny performance by Sibbarpsrevyn. How she can find this in LA I don't know ;-) Watch and enjoy :-) Sibbarpsrevyn   I will send something right back to her and that is our famous "The Ballon dance" The original was with Lars Åberg, Sven Melander and one other which I don't remember. They performed in a TV-show called Nöjesmaskinen "The Enterteinment machine" and was so funny. This version which I found on youtube is from a show called Diggiloo that performs outdoors in the summer all over Sweden. And as you can see we have this wonderful summer weather here ;-) This was, I think, 3 years ago and we must have had a very rainy summer. Watch this, enjoy and tell me what you think :-) Ballongdansen Otherwise I have been on the chairmen conference today and I'm so very tired but it was so good and give so much but now I'm just going to enjoy the rest of the weekend, be lazy and chill ;-)