Fortsätt till huvudinnehåll

Bad, bad Mia

On July 9 I promised I would write more frequent - now it's July 30 and I haven't written since.
So bad Mia. But on the other hand you may take it as I have had a lot of fun and haven't had time.
Isn't vacation all about relaxing, doing things you want to but don't have the time to do the rest of the year. Or rather you probably have the time but then there are so many "musts" that you don't take the time.
For me at least it is like that. When I work I go up at 4AM, starts working at 5.15AM and are home again around 3PM. By then I'm exhausted and I just crash in the sofa in front of TV and instantly falls asleep for around 20 minutes. Then on to cooking and other stuff. Go to bed by 9PM to be able to go up at 4AM and so it goes.

So when I'm on vacation I just want to take it as it comes but I also wants to do things, se things, experience things but without stress and pressure.

So what did I do then? Well, I went to Malmo July 10 and stayed at a marvellous rather new hotel with breathtaking views over the sea and Denmark. I will for sure stay there again - Hotel Malmo
I visited my Mom's cousin, 88 years young, and I took us to Ystad (rented a car) and along the coastline to Trelleborg before heading back to Malmo. This coastal way is just beautiful! You drive alongside the sea on the left and rolling hills on the right. Went back home Wednesday night.

The day after I had mother-son day with Danniel and he had no idea where we were going. We headed to Mariefred which is the most beautiful little town with a magnificent castle - Gripsholm's castle. We stayed at the Gripsholm's Inn which dates back to 1409 where there was a convent here founded by munks from Germany. But first we went to visit with old friends that we haven't seen for many years, but who we went to Austria with for many years. So nice to meet them and sit and chat about old memories :-) Danniel also really appreciated it. Then a lovely dinner at the Inn before a good night sleep in De luxe rooms (one each). Next day we went to the "Cake Castle" in Taxinge and had a selection of their famous cookies and cakes.

That weekend I stayed home(!) because Monday 18 we went to "our"hotel Elite Marina Tower for 3 days stay and this time with our friends A and J. I had booked a suite for me and Hasse a long time ago when I got a very favorable offer ( I hadn't booked the suite otherwise). Our friends later decided to join us and they had a DeLuxe seaview (that actually cost more than ours despite my 25% off).
After a wonderful dinner at the hotel, a good nights sleep and a delicious breakfast it was time to take the boat (yes you go by boat here in Stockholm if you can instead of bus or subway) to Nybrokajen where our next boat waited to take us on a cruise in the archipelago. It was just a lovely tour. On the way out to Gustavsberg we had a very good lunch with warm smoked salmon, fresh potatoes, remoulad sauce and vegetables. After a 2 hour journey with lots of things to see, we had a guide onboard who told us about the things we passes, we arrived in Gustavsberg where an old porcelin fabrique is situated. It's very famous, and here's a link to Gustavsberg's porcelin
We also had time to buy some "fikabrod" (sweets to the coffee) and then we once again entered the boat and found places on the aft deck where we had our coffee and sat for the whole journey home. We once again had dinner at the hotel just becuase it's so good and the view is great.

I don't have time to write more today. Need to shower, pack my things for work and yes my vacation is over so I work tomorrow and Tuesday - then I'm off on new adventures. I hope it doesn't take as long to write next time .

Have a good day and be nice to one another.

Kommentarer

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Peter Stormare, Martin Stenmarck

Peter and his wife Toshimi. A lovely couple. Me and Helen before the show. LADIES NIGHT Yesterday me and my sister H went to Uppsala to see Ladies night. Have you ever been on one you know what I'm talking about. For you others who haven't yet experienced this I can tell you it's 2500 women and 0 men in the au dience. But on stage there is only men and what men!! One goodlooking guy after another. When we arrived we had champagne and white wine and different kinds of shellfish which wasn't that good but we ate and drank and had fun. For dessert we had a wonderful chocolatecake with raspberrysauce. During dinner Daniel Da Silva taught us to dance Marengo and Disco from the 80s. A lot of fun when everyone stood up and danced. After that a songcompetition and singalong. Finally at 9 the main event. Peter Stormare, Martin Stenmarck and Henrik Hjelt entered the stage. A 2 hour show with full steem all the way. Lots of sex hints of course but also ver

Anyone??

I wonder if anyone can see and read my blogg? I haven't had any comments in so long that's why I ask. Erik didn't win a Grammy last night but he had a blast and he and his fiancé looked just great! Another Swede, Ludwig Göransson, won 3 prices though. Congrats to him.

Sibbarpsrevyn, Ballon dance and conference

My sister Jo sent me this link to a very funny performance by Sibbarpsrevyn. How she can find this in LA I don't know ;-) Watch and enjoy :-) Sibbarpsrevyn   I will send something right back to her and that is our famous "The Ballon dance" The original was with Lars Åberg, Sven Melander and one other which I don't remember. They performed in a TV-show called Nöjesmaskinen "The Enterteinment machine" and was so funny. This version which I found on youtube is from a show called Diggiloo that performs outdoors in the summer all over Sweden. And as you can see we have this wonderful summer weather here ;-) This was, I think, 3 years ago and we must have had a very rainy summer. Watch this, enjoy and tell me what you think :-) Ballongdansen Otherwise I have been on the chairmen conference today and I'm so very tired but it was so good and give so much but now I'm just going to enjoy the rest of the weekend, be lazy and chill ;-)