Fortsätt till huvudinnehåll

Vacation time

Me and Hasse on boat sightseeing






My Mom's cousin Kerstin - a wonderful lady. The Öresundsbridge in the background
My suite - the wedding suite
Time flies when you are on vacation. Don't you think? I haven't written since July 9 and I have been doing fun stuff since then. No long trip but shorter ones.
Boat sightseeing with Turning Torso
Me at the same restaurant with the Marina behind me

One of the bridges we went under


First I went to Malmö in Scania to visit my Mom's cousin which I try to do as often as I can. We had a wonderful afternoon/evening together first at her home and then at this beautiful restaurant almost on the water. We sat outside overlooking the Öresundsbridge, the sea and we could even see Copenhagen on the other side, so a very clear day/evening. Of course by the sea we had fish. Gorgeous and a glass good white wine to that. I stayed one more day and it was said that my cousins might be there but I never heard from them. But I had a wonderful day ending up walking 8,7 km, shopping, taking a boatsightseeing at the canals (always like to do that) and went home on the third day.
Wonderful little restaurant I found called the Alley. 

Then on Tuesday me and Hasse went to "our" hotel for a 3-day stay there which is also by the sea, litterally. Our favorite room wasn't available (although I booked over 2 months ago asking for it) so we ended up in a suite which was nice but didn't have the windows we want. It had these round windows and you have to stand up by them to see anything. We want the big windows where you can sit and watch out on all the boat traffic that is going on and even lie in bed watching the water, the city and Djurgården. Instead we sat on the quay where they have, this year, placed lounge furnitures and had servings. It was so nice to go there after dinner, just sitting relaxed and watch all the traffic including the big cruise ships.


Prince Eugen's Waldemarsudde

Hasse on the tram

Big cruise ship in Stockholm

"Our" hotel

Boat sightseeing

Sitting on the quay in the lounge watching ships go by

Rainbow but no rain

Svärdsjö - Dalarna

Our little lake close by - Norrviken
Yesterday we had our good friends Anne and Johnny over for dinner. It was so nice to meet them and have time to sit down and talk. The weather was just beautiful even if it's too hot for me. I was in the kitchen almost all day with the oven on so I was melting ;-) I made an asparagus soap with serrano chips as a starter, followed by a dish with chicken in a wonderful sauce gratinated in the oven with Wästerbotten cheese (!) and for dessert fresh strawberries with vanilla ice cream and a home made caramel sauce. Very good! The dessert we ate outside in the garden because it had cooled down a bit and was "only" 24C. 
 
At the dinner table

Yes, we have H.E.A.T wave here now ;-)  I can't stand it because it's too hot to sleep. When it's like this you should have AC or at least be living by the sea where you have some sea breeze at least.
Our front garden
Speaking of H.E.A.T - yesterday they played in Padua, Italy as support, once again, for Scorpions. At the same time here in Väsby we have a rock festival which started yesterday and ends tonight. The final band playing is Europe! They will start at midnight and play until 1.45AM!!

Watch this video from Padua, Italy last night. Incredible!

A SHOT AT REDEMPTION - H.E.A.T
 
Monday I'm going to have my Mom-Son day with Danniel and on Wednesday the same with Jonas. Tell you more afterwards. Thursday I'm going to the archipelago of S:t Anna in Östergötland to go to a concert with Peter and Matilda. Looking forward to that too. And then next week my vacation is over and I start work on Monday 28.

As always - take care whereever you are!

Kommentarer

  1. Really weird again, I commented in your last 3 posts and nothing shows. I will try again now. It seems like you had a wonderful vacation time, loved the pictures too. You look so happy and healthy! :)

    SvaraRadera
  2. Yes, that is weird. But you never know with internet ;-) sometimes I think there is so much in the "air" floating around that doesn't reach the destination.
    Thank you! It's just an image I think. I'm happy but I don't like the warmth we have now. Today it's 32C in the shadow and that is way too high for me. It's hard to sleep at night because it's so warm and at night the temp goes down to around 20C which makes it very moist. So hot and moist. Not my favorite.
    We have the hottest temperatures now in whole Europe. Can you imagine? Up to 34C (that is 94).
    Love you!

    SvaraRadera

Skicka en kommentar

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Peter Stormare, Martin Stenmarck

Peter and his wife Toshimi. A lovely couple. Me and Helen before the show. LADIES NIGHT Yesterday me and my sister H went to Uppsala to see Ladies night. Have you ever been on one you know what I'm talking about. For you others who haven't yet experienced this I can tell you it's 2500 women and 0 men in the au dience. But on stage there is only men and what men!! One goodlooking guy after another. When we arrived we had champagne and white wine and different kinds of shellfish which wasn't that good but we ate and drank and had fun. For dessert we had a wonderful chocolatecake with raspberrysauce. During dinner Daniel Da Silva taught us to dance Marengo and Disco from the 80s. A lot of fun when everyone stood up and danced. After that a songcompetition and singalong. Finally at 9 the main event. Peter Stormare, Martin Stenmarck and Henrik Hjelt entered the stage. A 2 hour show with full steem all the way. Lots of sex hints of course but also ver

Anyone??

I wonder if anyone can see and read my blogg? I haven't had any comments in so long that's why I ask. Erik didn't win a Grammy last night but he had a blast and he and his fiancé looked just great! Another Swede, Ludwig Göransson, won 3 prices though. Congrats to him.

Sibbarpsrevyn, Ballon dance and conference

My sister Jo sent me this link to a very funny performance by Sibbarpsrevyn. How she can find this in LA I don't know ;-) Watch and enjoy :-) Sibbarpsrevyn   I will send something right back to her and that is our famous "The Ballon dance" The original was with Lars Åberg, Sven Melander and one other which I don't remember. They performed in a TV-show called Nöjesmaskinen "The Enterteinment machine" and was so funny. This version which I found on youtube is from a show called Diggiloo that performs outdoors in the summer all over Sweden. And as you can see we have this wonderful summer weather here ;-) This was, I think, 3 years ago and we must have had a very rainy summer. Watch this, enjoy and tell me what you think :-) Ballongdansen Otherwise I have been on the chairmen conference today and I'm so very tired but it was so good and give so much but now I'm just going to enjoy the rest of the weekend, be lazy and chill ;-)