Fortsätt till huvudinnehåll

Christmas time



I last wrote on Lucia day and much has happened since then. First we had our Christmas party at work which like tradition bids were spent cooking for each other a 3-course dinner. And of course in this was a little competition :-)
I was still very tired from eating the antibiotics and also having the bronchitis but I managed to stay all night!
 From our balcony kitchen looking down to the shop
Bjorn and Marco fixing things

The team with the entrée

My team, the main course

and more from my team

Chantarelle soup

Delicious cod with white wine sauce, almond potatoe and shrimpsalat (my team)

Cheers!

Dessert, chocolate fondant with mint pears

The day after I went to my doctor and he seemed happy with my tests except the CRP and sed rate. I had sent him (and his wife who is nurse at the clinic) a nice gift which he thanked for. I have had the same doctor for 25 years and that is rare. He can see on me when I'm not feeling well and that is so valuable.

The days following that was filled with cooking and preparing for Christmas Eve.
Emil came over early for Christmas breakfast. Then a couple of hours later my BFF came with our "adopted" grandchildren and even greatgrandchild. We had some coffee and cakes and exchanged gifts. Very nice and a tradition for many years.
My BFF Inger with grandchild Freya (which makes me great grandmother)

Claes, Tracy (Freya's parents) and Tanya
Shortly after Danniel and Jonas arrived and after having Santaporridge with hamsandwich for lunch the boys played Monopoly while waiting for Donald Duck's Christmas to start. As tradition bids at 3PM. Mandy who worked came later at 2.30PM.
The boys are into the game

Danniel smiles, maybe he got some money :-)
I saw Donald Duck for 30 minutes and then I started to lay out the Christmas table. Since Helen and her family is in Florida we have their dog Pinglan here and she was very, very interested in all the food and she didn't leave my side.
Watching Disney

Pinglan is very interested in what's in the oven

Christmas table is set

Emil take some ham. We always have cold food before the warm dishes.

Cheers and bon appetit!

Happy faces
After eating, always too much, it was time for gifts. This year we each bought a Christmas gift for 200 SEK and then we had like a lottery. Very nice and I think we will stick to that. Of course I had also bought some things for each of them.

Christmas Day we went to Gavle for the next celebration. We got to see most of the grandchildren and other relatives. We were 18 plus one dog (Danniel had Pinglan luckily enough) and we had a great time. We ate, chatted and had coffee. The young ones played cards and they also had a great time.
Playing cards

Our daughter in law with her sister's grandchild Emma

We couldn't all sit together cause we were so many so some is sitting behind me

Me with Klara and Lisa (grandchildren)

Malin, grandchild)

Today we have just been home, eating more Christmas food and I especially has a very bad foot today. I don't know what has happened but it's all swollen and hurts like h...l.

Tomorrow I'm going to the cinema with my boys to see "the 100-year old that went out the window....." You know I have told you about the book.

On Saturday we are going to our good friends Kitte and Janne for dinner. That will be very nice too. We haven't had time to see each other since summer.

So lots of things going on as usual but nice things and a chance to meet and catch up with family and friends which you normally never have time for.

Take care everyone and I hope you all have had a great Christmas too.

Kommentarer

  1. Very nice pictures, it looks like you all had a great time! did your team win the cooking thing? :)
    Besos, Jo

    SvaraRadera
  2. No :-( we came second but the dessert was really to die for so it was fare.

    SvaraRadera

Skicka en kommentar

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Peter Stormare, Martin Stenmarck

Peter and his wife Toshimi. A lovely couple. Me and Helen before the show. LADIES NIGHT Yesterday me and my sister H went to Uppsala to see Ladies night. Have you ever been on one you know what I'm talking about. For you others who haven't yet experienced this I can tell you it's 2500 women and 0 men in the au dience. But on stage there is only men and what men!! One goodlooking guy after another. When we arrived we had champagne and white wine and different kinds of shellfish which wasn't that good but we ate and drank and had fun. For dessert we had a wonderful chocolatecake with raspberrysauce. During dinner Daniel Da Silva taught us to dance Marengo and Disco from the 80s. A lot of fun when everyone stood up and danced. After that a songcompetition and singalong. Finally at 9 the main event. Peter Stormare, Martin Stenmarck and Henrik Hjelt entered the stage. A 2 hour show with full steem all the way. Lots of sex hints of course but also ver

Anyone??

I wonder if anyone can see and read my blogg? I haven't had any comments in so long that's why I ask. Erik didn't win a Grammy last night but he had a blast and he and his fiancé looked just great! Another Swede, Ludwig Göransson, won 3 prices though. Congrats to him.

September post

  Windy and grey  Last I wrote it was August and summer. Now we have September and it's autumn! Well, the temperatures are some day quite decent but others, huuh, it really feels cold. We have had a lot of rain as well but I like this. Autumn is my favorite time of the year. The leaves are shifting in different colors from green, to yellow, read and more. It's beautiful. The air is fresh and easy to breathe. What have I been up to then since last?  Well,  a whole lot.  Hasse and I went on a luxury cruise (still one of my 60th birthday gifts) with extra all. Fantastic suite cabin, VIP treatment all the way which meant going onboard before everyone else, having a VIP lounge etc. So nice. The trip was very calm and by that I mean the sea. Me and the board members by the dinner table at Torpa Inn I went to my sis to have my teeth checked, and yes she is a dentist Then we celebrated Mandy on August 29. I went to see my doctor to have a certificate so I can renew my h