Fortsätt till huvudinnehåll

Broken toe :-(


I don't know if you can see how swollen the toe and the whole foot is but it is swollen! It's the toe that looks like a small sausage as we say in Sweden prinskorv

Yes, last night I woke up and went to the bathroom. I never turn the light on because then I get wide awake. So I did what I came for and then when I turned to wash my hands, yes still in the dark, I smashed my foot into a chair. 

There is never a chair there normally. It's in the shower but now for some reason someone, H, had put it there. It hurt like h...l and I had to turn the light on. What I saw was the second toe, beside the pinkie toe, in almost 90 degrees angle. I suppose I was still sleepy because I thought I can't have it this way. So I took the toe and bent it back to an upright position and I can tell you it hurt!!!!!

I had trouble sleeping after that because every position I tried in bed hurt in my foot. A little toe can hurt that much?!?  Well, it does. Because I was in horisontal position it didn't swell and no other sign of bruises or anything this morning but when I stood up on the floor it was almost more than I could cope with. So I put on my slippers who are quite firm over that spot. 



Good slippers that gives support to my toe :-)
After shower, hard to do but I managed, and breakfast I drove to work. I have automatic car and it was the "right" foot that was hurt so it was perfectly fine. At work of course I wasn't as movable as usual and before 10AM the foot had swollen quite good and the toe also started to change color til blue and black :-) It's no idea going to hospital because they won't do anything anyway. 

Lucky it wasn't yesterday when I had the Monday lunch at work. I made green asparagus soup with crayfishtail"röra". (It's a mixture I made of crayfishtails, whipped cream, creme fraiche, dill, cayennepepper, salt and blackpepper.) You put some of the röra in the soup and it's delicious. It's crayfishpartytime here in Sweden now so it was quite suitable. To that I baked some nice baguettes and ciabatta bread. For dessert Pecanfudgepie with whipped cream. They liked it. I made soup for 18 people which was lucky because we had extra guests so in all I served 14! 
 I'm afraid I don't have any photos because they are all at work.

I hope you have a good day or night depending on where you are :-)

Take care and be kind to one another!

Kommentarer

  1. I've suffered broken toes many times. It is extremely painful and you're right - there's no use going to the hospital. What I have found works well is to use medical tape to tape the broken toe to the toe next to it. It keeps the broken one from wriggling about.

    SvaraRadera
  2. I have also suffered broken toes several times and that's why I knew it's no point in going to hospital. But this time I brought it back to the right position and underneath there is like a hard thing no bigger than a little bead. The worst part is that it takes time and I have a wedding to attend in 2 weeks and my birthday party in 3. Ah well, if I have to go in slippers I will :-)
    Thanks for the tip Sandy :-) If it doesn't hurt too much I will try. Puss och kram, alskar dig/ Moster Mia :-)

    SvaraRadera

Skicka en kommentar

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Peter Stormare, Martin Stenmarck

Peter and his wife Toshimi. A lovely couple. Me and Helen before the show. LADIES NIGHT Yesterday me and my sister H went to Uppsala to see Ladies night. Have you ever been on one you know what I'm talking about. For you others who haven't yet experienced this I can tell you it's 2500 women and 0 men in the au dience. But on stage there is only men and what men!! One goodlooking guy after another. When we arrived we had champagne and white wine and different kinds of shellfish which wasn't that good but we ate and drank and had fun. For dessert we had a wonderful chocolatecake with raspberrysauce. During dinner Daniel Da Silva taught us to dance Marengo and Disco from the 80s. A lot of fun when everyone stood up and danced. After that a songcompetition and singalong. Finally at 9 the main event. Peter Stormare, Martin Stenmarck and Henrik Hjelt entered the stage. A 2 hour show with full steem all the way. Lots of sex hints of course but also ver

Anyone??

I wonder if anyone can see and read my blogg? I haven't had any comments in so long that's why I ask. Erik didn't win a Grammy last night but he had a blast and he and his fiancé looked just great! Another Swede, Ludwig Göransson, won 3 prices though. Congrats to him.

September post

  Windy and grey  Last I wrote it was August and summer. Now we have September and it's autumn! Well, the temperatures are some day quite decent but others, huuh, it really feels cold. We have had a lot of rain as well but I like this. Autumn is my favorite time of the year. The leaves are shifting in different colors from green, to yellow, read and more. It's beautiful. The air is fresh and easy to breathe. What have I been up to then since last?  Well,  a whole lot.  Hasse and I went on a luxury cruise (still one of my 60th birthday gifts) with extra all. Fantastic suite cabin, VIP treatment all the way which meant going onboard before everyone else, having a VIP lounge etc. So nice. The trip was very calm and by that I mean the sea. Me and the board members by the dinner table at Torpa Inn I went to my sis to have my teeth checked, and yes she is a dentist Then we celebrated Mandy on August 29. I went to see my doctor to have a certificate so I can renew my h