Fortsätt till huvudinnehåll

Road trip to Helsingborg and H.E.A.T's show there


 Fans and friends, Marie-Louise, Peter, Ingvor and me

Thursday me and my very good friend Ingvor started from her house for Helsingborg. Her car was completely full since we also had her wheel chair with us.

We drove to Nyköping where we had our first stop for lunch. Then we continued to lake Vättern and we had of course to have some coffe there with this gorgeous view. The coffee wasn't that good and they hardly had anything to go with it but they did have the view ;-)

We then continued to the cute little town of Gränna which is the home of sugar candy poles or as we say polkagrisar. Of course we had to stop there and buy some. It's a tradition although the canes are very sweet and very bad for your teeth so it's really just a tradition and nothing we really eat (at least not I)


Then we drove alongside one of Sweden's most wonderful motorways that is alongside lake Vättern all the way down to Huskvarna. After Jönköping we continued into Småland and the deep forest of Småland, as we say. Not much of anything but forest. And of course some small towns. One being Ljungby from where I originate, or rather my grandfather does.

From Gränna and Vida Vättern :-)

After 8 hours drive we finally reached our destination - Helsingborg which is in Scania by Öresund. We stayed at Elite Marina Plaza and we, luckily, had our rooms overlooking Denmark (which you reach with ferry in 20 min). On the other side of the hotel they had a stage for dancebands. The whole town was filled with stages, musicians, tivoli, food and everything else you can imagine on a townfestival. The music played well into the night and for those having rooms on that side I don't think they had much sleep :-)

Sunset over Öresund and Denmark. Beautiful evening

The next day, Friday, we decided to call a friend who is also on the Rheumatic board. She has her summerhouse in Skanör which is almost as far south you can come. We called and said we would come for lunch :-) She was happy and we drove down which took only 1 hour. We had a wonderful lunch with salmon, salats, potatoes, cake with raspberries and more. Very nice and so hospital of them.

At lunch in Skanör, me, Gun and Ingvor

After that we headed back to Helsingborg for some rest before dinner and going out. We had the wheelchair since Ingvor isn't capable of standing up for long. To the big stage we went and once there we met up with friends who are big H.E.A.T-fans. Great to see them! Then H.E.A.T on stage! What a show! They had so much joy and you could really see that they enjoyed being on stage. One of the best concerts with them and I have seen many :-)

Afterwards we met up with the guys together with some other friends and fans.

The night was just perfect. Very mild and I just had a dress on and it was like one of the rare (in Sweden) summer nights.

Eric and Jona on stage
Eric, Erik and Crash
The show was fantastic!

The next day we drove home but the weather had turned to worse and we had rain, heavy rain, through Scania and Småland which slowed us down. On the way up we stopped in old Linköping which is a wonderful place a little bit like Old Town in San Diego but of course Swedish style. We stayed there for some time which made us come home later than anticipated so I think it was around 7PM after 10 hours we returned. But what a road trip and how much fun we had. Singing, talking, laughing, being serious and more...

Firefighter model old in Old Linköping
The square with actors in 1800th clothes
Ingvor talking to the police with uniform from 1865

Thank you for a great trip which marked the end of my vacation. Now it's 2 1/2 week to the next one which is New York!


Kommentarer

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Peter Stormare, Martin Stenmarck

Peter and his wife Toshimi. A lovely couple. Me and Helen before the show. LADIES NIGHT Yesterday me and my sister H went to Uppsala to see Ladies night. Have you ever been on one you know what I'm talking about. For you others who haven't yet experienced this I can tell you it's 2500 women and 0 men in the au dience. But on stage there is only men and what men!! One goodlooking guy after another. When we arrived we had champagne and white wine and different kinds of shellfish which wasn't that good but we ate and drank and had fun. For dessert we had a wonderful chocolatecake with raspberrysauce. During dinner Daniel Da Silva taught us to dance Marengo and Disco from the 80s. A lot of fun when everyone stood up and danced. After that a songcompetition and singalong. Finally at 9 the main event. Peter Stormare, Martin Stenmarck and Henrik Hjelt entered the stage. A 2 hour show with full steem all the way. Lots of sex hints of course but also ver

Anyone??

I wonder if anyone can see and read my blogg? I haven't had any comments in so long that's why I ask. Erik didn't win a Grammy last night but he had a blast and he and his fiancé looked just great! Another Swede, Ludwig Göransson, won 3 prices though. Congrats to him.

Sibbarpsrevyn, Ballon dance and conference

My sister Jo sent me this link to a very funny performance by Sibbarpsrevyn. How she can find this in LA I don't know ;-) Watch and enjoy :-) Sibbarpsrevyn   I will send something right back to her and that is our famous "The Ballon dance" The original was with Lars Åberg, Sven Melander and one other which I don't remember. They performed in a TV-show called Nöjesmaskinen "The Enterteinment machine" and was so funny. This version which I found on youtube is from a show called Diggiloo that performs outdoors in the summer all over Sweden. And as you can see we have this wonderful summer weather here ;-) This was, I think, 3 years ago and we must have had a very rainy summer. Watch this, enjoy and tell me what you think :-) Ballongdansen Otherwise I have been on the chairmen conference today and I'm so very tired but it was so good and give so much but now I'm just going to enjoy the rest of the weekend, be lazy and chill ;-)