Fortsätt till huvudinnehåll

Prague part 2

Where did I left off? Oh yes, at Amade restaurant.



Well what did we do more? We went, of course, to the Charles bridge from the 14th century. It's just beautiful, full with statues and majestic gates in each ends. On the bridge I got to think of all of those who has gone there before us. Think 14th, 15th, 16th, 17th century. What that bridge must have seen. Women in long dresses, maybe horsedriven coaches, maybe lovers. The fantasty really got going there.

 Hasse with views on town and close to our hotel
 Jazzband playing on the bridge
 A newly wed couple by river Moldau and a lot of swans
The organ-grinder

There were a jazzband playing, an organ-grinder, dressed in clothes from old days, with a monkey (not real). A man playing glasses. Lots of painters and paintings for sale as well as crafts. Everywhere you went there were something to look at. And then I haven't even spoke about the views!
Stunning views of the Prague castle. Did you know the palace area is 70 000 square meters which makes it the biggest ancient castle in the world?(according to Guiness book of records)

Of course you pass over river Moldau when crossing. A big river where there are a lot of cruising boats taking tourists around while eating or digging music on board.

On the castleside of the bridge it's very beautiful and it even has canals between the houses there. And of course there are a padlock bridge. I saw the same in Riga when we were there last year. It is newlyweds that comes here and they close a padlock on the bridge to make the marriage last and not unlock.

We ate lunch on this side at a Mc Donalds. I know - that is horrible while in this beautiful city but we had walked a lot and were hungry and this was the easiest way. But Jo, you wouldn't have wanted to go there. It cost 10 Coronas to go to the bathroom!!! Even here, I thought it was just Sweden.
 We don't know what this was but everyone touched it and so did we. See how golden it is after all strokes :-)
 Hasse with the bridge
Me with one of the tourist boats in the background

Then we celebrated our 28th anniversary which is June 8 but since I'm on the Rheumatic union meeting in Sundsvall then we decided to celebrate here.

So we went to the no 1 restaurant in Prague, Bellevue, which was very close to our hotel. With a beautiful view of the Moldau river and if you sat at the right table views of the castle.
 The view from our table
Us sitting under the sun :-)

We were greated and seated within minutes. Then came a waiter with wet, warm towels so we could wash our hands. Then the next waiter came and asked if we wanted something to drink and we decided we would have a glass champagne. Very good but it was the most expensive I have ever had. One glas cost 165 SEK which in $ would be something like 25 $.
Then the next waiter came and took our orders. I had the veal fillet with truffle crest, potatoe puré, carrots and caramalised red onion. Everything cooked to perfection.
Hasse took Atlantic cod with safron potatoes and champagne sauce.
I had a Tjeck white wine out of Pinot Gris grapes and Hasse had, of course, beer.
 My veal
 Hasse's Atlantic cod

For dessert Hasse had homemade apple strudel with caramelfoam and walnutsauce and I had their famous fondant with chocolate "tsunami". Oh, my G that was good!! The best fondant I've ever had, including my own ;-)
 Hasse's apple strudel
My fondant with the "tsunami"

Even the toilet was worth a visit. Extremely big toilets, very fresh, terry towel and a fresh soap and handlotion. And it was free!

We had great weather really but on Thursday when it was time to go home it started raining and it has been raining ever since apparantly.

It was nice to be back home again but my Mom hasn't been well so I had to go down and see her which I did during the weekend. When I came to her she had a fever and I called the nurse so she could have some medicine. They have changed almost all personnal and they don't know Mom and because of that they don't know when she's ill. They thought she had given up and she hadn't been fed in two days!! The nurse on call is someone who knows Mom and she saw the same as I. She called me later on Sunday and said Mom had started eating again which makes me happy because that is what she needs.

Today work as usual and we had a fun day with a new employee and BBQ for lunch :-)

Kommentarer

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Peter Stormare, Martin Stenmarck

Peter and his wife Toshimi. A lovely couple. Me and Helen before the show. LADIES NIGHT Yesterday me and my sister H went to Uppsala to see Ladies night. Have you ever been on one you know what I'm talking about. For you others who haven't yet experienced this I can tell you it's 2500 women and 0 men in the au dience. But on stage there is only men and what men!! One goodlooking guy after another. When we arrived we had champagne and white wine and different kinds of shellfish which wasn't that good but we ate and drank and had fun. For dessert we had a wonderful chocolatecake with raspberrysauce. During dinner Daniel Da Silva taught us to dance Marengo and Disco from the 80s. A lot of fun when everyone stood up and danced. After that a songcompetition and singalong. Finally at 9 the main event. Peter Stormare, Martin Stenmarck and Henrik Hjelt entered the stage. A 2 hour show with full steem all the way. Lots of sex hints of course but also ver

Anyone??

I wonder if anyone can see and read my blogg? I haven't had any comments in so long that's why I ask. Erik didn't win a Grammy last night but he had a blast and he and his fiancé looked just great! Another Swede, Ludwig Göransson, won 3 prices though. Congrats to him.

September post

  Windy and grey  Last I wrote it was August and summer. Now we have September and it's autumn! Well, the temperatures are some day quite decent but others, huuh, it really feels cold. We have had a lot of rain as well but I like this. Autumn is my favorite time of the year. The leaves are shifting in different colors from green, to yellow, read and more. It's beautiful. The air is fresh and easy to breathe. What have I been up to then since last?  Well,  a whole lot.  Hasse and I went on a luxury cruise (still one of my 60th birthday gifts) with extra all. Fantastic suite cabin, VIP treatment all the way which meant going onboard before everyone else, having a VIP lounge etc. So nice. The trip was very calm and by that I mean the sea. Me and the board members by the dinner table at Torpa Inn I went to my sis to have my teeth checked, and yes she is a dentist Then we celebrated Mandy on August 29. I went to see my doctor to have a certificate so I can renew my h