Fortsätt till huvudinnehåll

I'm still here... ;-)

There has been a lot going on lately even more than usual and I haven't had the energy to write my blog so here's an update.
Fondueset

Since I last wrote we (my job) have been to a wonderful dinner together, after the Annual meeting of shareholders. I had suggested a couple of restaurants and we choose one called "Restaurant Shvejts", yes that is how Suisse sounds in Swedish. So the dishes were Suisse. We had a wonderful fondue of fillet and others also had cheese fondue and chocolate fondue. Very good, very familiar feeling and very small! Good choice :-)

We were supposed to go to dinner at our friends house last Saturday but unfortunately they got sick so it was postponed.

Train 1 class
Then on Sunday I went to Malmö by train which is always nice. I attended an education in administration of salaries and personnel. Very interesting.
But on Sunday I met up with my Mom's cousin, 85 years old but so much younger in mind and spirit, and I treated her with dinner at my hotel. We always have so much to talk about and we laugh a lot :-)
My Mom's cousin 85 years old and beautiful

Then Monday the course started and I went there by foot. It was so windy you can't believe. I think it was almost hurricane winds in the gusts. I'm a steady woman but even I had a hard time not falling when the wind caught me.
We also had to walk for 15-20 minutes to the lunch restaurant and that was hard too. The restaurant was situated very close to the sea where it was even more wind.
Turning Torso in Malmö

The next day we were supposed to go there too but after a snowy, windy night I couldn't do it. I had so much pain in my pelvis and groins so I said I would stay in during lunch break. But they found another restaurant just across the street where they had never been before. Gorgeous food, salmon, and a beautiful view over the canal and only 3 minutes to walk. Perfect!

Home again Tuesday night, late. Hasse was a darling and fetched at the train station in Stockholm. And the next morning I was at work at 6AM as usual.

Thursday we had our annual meeting with the Rheumatic association and I was voted treasurer.
A funny thing happened just before the meeting. I had parked my car on a street a couple of blocks from where the meeting was held. When I went to the parking machine to pay I started to insert my credit card when I saw there already was a card there. Someone had forgot their credit card in the machine!
What to do? I called the police and asked them and she asked if I could come to the Police house on Kungsholmen which is quite far from where I was so I said no, I'm on my way to a meeting. Then the police said I could try calling the person. So I called Eniro and asked if they had a number to XX and when I explained what had happened I got 3 different numbers to this person. Luckily she didn't have an ordinary name.
So I called the number and I asked if she was missing her credit card. It was totally quiet and then she said: Oh no did I forget it? Is it from the ....Bank. I said yes and she said she had been in such hurry to a doctor's appointment.
I told her where I was and she said she would call afterwards and so she did. I met up with her and handed over her card. She was so grateful and she had even bought me a boquet of tulips :-)  That was so nice of her.

This weekend I'm cooking for my workmates. It's my turn on Monday and I can't write here what I'm going to do (if someone reads it ;-)) so I have to tell you afterwards.

Otherwise this coming week is Easter week and as I said to Hasse today I really miss not being in LA this time of the year. It's usually Easter I go over to see my sister and family. We still have snow here and I could really do with some lovely weather.
Easter 2011 in La Mirada :-)
Oh, I think I told you last time that H.E.A.T will play in Uppsala and record for the Swedish National Radio. I have got my tickets now!! :-) So looking forward to seeing them again. They have a new video out - super good. Here's a link to the video:

H.E.A.T - In and out of trouble

So to all of you, if I don't write before, HAPPY EASTER!!

Kommentarer

  1. I miss you not being here around this time of the year! But I see you are keeping very busy doing things you enjoy :)
    Happy Easter to all of you too

    SvaraRadera

Skicka en kommentar

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Peter Stormare, Martin Stenmarck

Peter and his wife Toshimi. A lovely couple. Me and Helen before the show. LADIES NIGHT Yesterday me and my sister H went to Uppsala to see Ladies night. Have you ever been on one you know what I'm talking about. For you others who haven't yet experienced this I can tell you it's 2500 women and 0 men in the au dience. But on stage there is only men and what men!! One goodlooking guy after another. When we arrived we had champagne and white wine and different kinds of shellfish which wasn't that good but we ate and drank and had fun. For dessert we had a wonderful chocolatecake with raspberrysauce. During dinner Daniel Da Silva taught us to dance Marengo and Disco from the 80s. A lot of fun when everyone stood up and danced. After that a songcompetition and singalong. Finally at 9 the main event. Peter Stormare, Martin Stenmarck and Henrik Hjelt entered the stage. A 2 hour show with full steem all the way. Lots of sex hints of course but also ver

Anyone??

I wonder if anyone can see and read my blogg? I haven't had any comments in so long that's why I ask. Erik didn't win a Grammy last night but he had a blast and he and his fiancé looked just great! Another Swede, Ludwig Göransson, won 3 prices though. Congrats to him.

September post

  Windy and grey  Last I wrote it was August and summer. Now we have September and it's autumn! Well, the temperatures are some day quite decent but others, huuh, it really feels cold. We have had a lot of rain as well but I like this. Autumn is my favorite time of the year. The leaves are shifting in different colors from green, to yellow, read and more. It's beautiful. The air is fresh and easy to breathe. What have I been up to then since last?  Well,  a whole lot.  Hasse and I went on a luxury cruise (still one of my 60th birthday gifts) with extra all. Fantastic suite cabin, VIP treatment all the way which meant going onboard before everyone else, having a VIP lounge etc. So nice. The trip was very calm and by that I mean the sea. Me and the board members by the dinner table at Torpa Inn I went to my sis to have my teeth checked, and yes she is a dentist Then we celebrated Mandy on August 29. I went to see my doctor to have a certificate so I can renew my h